Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
tongue lump

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

tongue lump

I have a hard blue/purple lump the size of a pea that appears near the tip of my tongue off and on for more than six months now, seemingly without rhyme or reason.  It is visible both on the top surface of my tongue as well as the bottom.  It is moderately painful when I first notice it upon awakening and is mildly annoying for the day or two it takes for it to receed.  I do not believe it is related to injury (biting) or a specific food or any precipitating event I can determine.  It has appeared at least 10 times over the past six months and I had not experienced anything like it prior to that time.  Obviously, I would show it to my dentist if it was present when I was there for my routine exam but, as I mentioned, it appears and disappears without notice.  Thank you.  
Tags: dentist, food
1 Comment
it sounds like a tongue variciespurple/blue