Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
tooth infection

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

tooth infection

i have a really bad tooth infection, how do i know if it is in my blood stream and what are the effects it will have on me?
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Usually tooth infection takes a very long time and has to spread to neighboring gum area to spread to blood vessels and cause infection. However this can be painful, can cause exposed roots and cause persistent infection. Hence consult a dentist immediately.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
First of all, the radar is showing the attacking aircraft and they are about to dive on your aircraft carrier! Go to "General Quarters".

This problem MUST be taken care of. Thatmust be your first priority in the morning, right after the coffee.

The problem (worst case because this DOESN'T always happen) is that dental infections get into the blood distribution system and end up infecting one of the valves on the heart. Because of the rapid blood flow antibiotics don't work and you end up with a pig-valve heart valve operation and on blood anti-coagulants for the rest of your life.

Arghhh!

This is one of the "bad effects" you are concerned about.

If dental infections become encapsulated and ignored they may have to be surgically removed.

A problem with dentists is that they commonly prescribe pennicilin, which is obsolete. Cephalaxin is preferable, but this drug has also ended up being overused and some bacteria are resistant.

You get "points" for being concerned about the problem.

It can be life-threatening, and must be resolved in a timely manner.
Go see a Dentist ASAP, they can prescibe antibiotics and deal with problem. If you leave it you may lose your teeth, damage the jaw bone etc
Worst cause is blood poisoning. Please even if you hate denists GO
DITTO, get to Dentist asap,,,,,,,I did not and still suffering the consequences since Nov 09. A sliver of peanut went up into gum behind FRONT tooth.  thought I could work on  removing it myself,,,,,,,Big Mistake.   It blew up into abscess,,swollen fat top lip and  nose,  pain was so bad that  any vibration eg WALKING, felt  the excruciating nerve pain. I was also quite sick with this.  Was on AB's and Endone for mth's ( 13 courses of AB's)  hence abdo pain  and  diarrhoea to boot,,,,could not eat, sleep, walk about etc.,got quite thin and angst sky rocketed.  Had Ortho pan tomography  which showed BONE LOSS of upper jaw around three front teeth.  Been seeing Dentist monthly for drilling draining and changing of dressings. Seeing Dentist 21st july for more of the same.  Not pretty. ( plus well into 4 figures of $s).    and not finished..........GO TO DENTIST NOW      OK......GET GOING RIGHT NOW   good luck