transparent skin
I'm 22 and I am experiencing thinning/transparent skin.  It started on my legs which are pretty transparent now.  Now it is starting more on my hands and arms and all over really.  I have a blue vein under my eye as well.  I have  searched the internet and asked my doctors and they pass it off as nothing.  I guess because they don't have a explanation for it.  I have been on birth controls for a long time now.  I don't know if they has anything to do with it.  But it seems as though it has been happening a lot faster lately.  I have been vegetarian for about 5 yrs now.  But I eat very healthy. I take vitamon supplements and an antibiotic for acne but these are the only newer things I have been taking.  How can I get to the bottom of the cause?

Thanks for the post!

Normally transparent skin is associated with osteoporosis and abnormal calcium metabolism. Hence you need to check serum calcium levels. Function of parathyroid and adrenal glands needs to be checked. Many a times thyroid problems too cause stretching of skin which give a feeling of thinning.

I think you can discuss these possibilities with your doctor. Then seek referral accordingly. It is difficult to comment beyond this without examining. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Thanks for responding back so fast.  So I should not be concerned about blood clots due to the birth control?  I guess that was my main concern.

Thanks for keeping me posted! How are you now?

I am sorry but I did not say that at all. I have outlined the reasons for stretching of skin and it’s appearing transparent.

Blood clot is a rare but serious side effect of birth control pills. “The warning signs of a blood clot spell out the word ACHES:
• Abdominal pain
• Chest pain (also shortness of breath)
• Headaches (especially those that are new, severe, or associated with persistent dizziness, difficulty speaking, fainting,numbness or weakness in extremities
• Eye problems (blurred vision or loss of vision)
• Severe leg pain (and/or redness and swelling in the calf or thigh)”
Please refer: http://www.brown.edu/Student_Services/Health_Services/Health_Education/sexual_health/ssc/bcps.htm

Weight gain due to these pills can also cause stretching of skin. Hope I have made my point clear. If you have any further questions I’ll be happy to answer them. Please feel free to ask. Take care!