Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
trouble sleeping

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

trouble sleeping

currently i am experiencing difficulty falling asleep and having a peaceful nights sleep. I have vivid dreams that make waking up difficult , as if i didnt sleep long at all.  I have been experiencing vivid dreams that seem so real. for instance, one night i had a dream about a lady at my work and the next day i went into work and felt instantly intimidated of her. Its also strange that my dreams have been in some form true to the following days events. for example i had (another) dream about work, this time about a man. in my dream he was told by his girlfriend not to talk to me, after that i havent seen him at work and was told he had quit. Another example is the fact i had a dream that my cousin (who i live with in her house) and i had gotten into an argument over ten dollars. the next day she hands me a ten dollar bill and had told me she spent the change of the twenty i had given to her the following day and that she owed it to me.
As if that isn't strange enough, i talk in my sleep. I've been told my numerous people that i can have a full conversation with them as if i was wide awake, but i have no memory of such said conversations.
I also know that as a child i used to sleep walk & do all kinds of crazy things in my sleep.
My main problem at the monent, however is falling asleep, having a peaceful sleep, and being able to wake up refreshed .
i have never been to the doctor or checked out for this because im not exactly sure what it is .
Are you taking any sleep medication?  I found that Ambien causes some strange dreams.  Thankfully, (ok, get over it) my cat pulls me back if it's truly out of control.
Parasomnias is the term for sleep disorders.  You should really be evaluated by a sleep specialist so that they can find out the root cause of your inability to fall asleep, your vivid dreams, and your sleep talking.  There could be a whole host of reasons why you are having problems.  There are 5 stages of sleep and perhaps you are having trouble with one of them...maybe the REM sleep.  No use guessing about it, find a sleep specialist and find out what is going on.  Best of luck!  
thank you . only thing is, is the costs and trouble im going to have finding the right specialist. i know i had to go to the doctor numerous times and waste alot of money on figuring out i had exzema (eczema). and i had the same problem with finding the right prescription with my glasses. is it always like this in the medical field? trial and error?
no i dont take any medication . i honestly dont know the cause of these problems . could stress be a factor ?