trouble sleeping
currently i am experiencing difficulty falling asleep and having a peaceful nights sleep. I have vivid dreams that make waking up difficult , as if i didnt sleep long at all.  I have been experiencing vivid dreams that seem so real. for instance, one night i had a dream about a lady at my work and the next day i went into work and felt instantly intimidated of her. Its also strange that my dreams have been in some form true to the following days events. for example i had (another) dream about work, this time about a man. in my dream he was told by his girlfriend not to talk to me, after that i havent seen him at work and was told he had quit. Another example is the fact i had a dream that my cousin (who i live with in her house) and i had gotten into an argument over ten dollars. the next day she hands me a ten dollar bill and had told me she spent the change of the twenty i had given to her the following day and that she owed it to me.
As if that isn't strange enough, i talk in my sleep. I've been told my numerous people that i can have a full conversation with them as if i was wide awake, but i have no memory of such said conversations.
I also know that as a child i used to sleep walk & do all kinds of crazy things in my sleep.
My main problem at the monent, however is falling asleep, having a peaceful sleep, and being able to wake up refreshed .
i have never been to the doctor or checked out for this because im not exactly sure what it is .
Parasomnias is the term for sleep disorders.  You should really be evaluated by a sleep specialist so that they can find out the root cause of your inability to fall asleep, your vivid dreams, and your sleep talking.  There could be a whole host of reasons why you are having problems.  There are 5 stages of sleep and perhaps you are having trouble with one of them...maybe the REM sleep.  No use guessing about it, find a sleep specialist and find out what is going on.  Best of luck!  
thank you . only thing is, is the costs and trouble im going to have finding the right specialist. i know i had to go to the doctor numerous times and waste alot of money on figuring out i had exzema. and i had the same problem with finding the right prescription with my glasses. is it always like this in the medical field? trial and error?
Are you taking any sleep medication?  I found that Ambien causes some strange dreams.  Thankfully, (ok, get over it) my cat pulls me back if it's truly out of control.
no i dont take any medication . i honestly dont know the cause of these problems . could stress be a factor ?