Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
tsh level

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

tsh level

I have just had my thyroids checked and the nurse told me my tsh level is 0 what does this mean??????

My problem started 5 years ago, I have always been about 8 stone and now I am 12 1/2 stone.  My doctor put me on thyroxin tablets  2 years ago I am 100 mg a day.  They said I have underactive thyroids.  I have always been very active and try my best to keep active.  But I always feel tired.
What level should I be looking at to have normal thyroids.

The other problem I suffer from is sweating at night I am always wet through and my bedding is always wet,  is this to do with problem thyroids.  Please let me know anything would help
Avatar n tn
hi ! tsh of o means you should take more thyroxine but your doc will do that. i take 100 and still have syptoms (symptoms) because i sit at borderline ,sweats are a syptom (symptom) too !
i get depression,lethargy ,dry skin,hair loss,cold easy ,carpel tunnel ,slow heart rate and there are more syptoms (symptoms) too .
you eed to see your gp to be incresed in medication.tsh levels can vary a 1-2 can be symtom free for me but not for you .but you have syptoms (symptoms) so you need assessing.
x x x
Avatar n tn
Thank you for your advise,  The other thing I have read on the internet is that if your tsh level is very low and the other reading are ok, I have read that the doctor may be giving you to much thyroxin ?
Avatar n tn
ive not heard that , the docs dont give that much info and to be honest i dont like to read internet sites on it coz id scare myself to death ! i have been told that there are things that cause unstability ie anti histamines and some foods .i want recearch this myself . good luck and let me know what you find too ! x x
Are you sure you are not hypothyroid with a high TSH - could you have misunderstood?
TSH level of 0 means you are hyperthyroid. Your thyroid is putting out too much thyroid hormone and is overactive. Or your med. dose is too high. This is a dangerous level not healthy for you at all. Can cause some serious irreversible damage, thyroid storm and worse. Did your doctor reduce med. dose?   Always get new test done 6 to 8 weeks after each med. dose change.  Also with a TSH of 0 you should get the FT-4 and FT-3 and all five antibodies.  You might have autoimmune thyroid and need other treatment.
I am very concerned for you.  Please go back to doctors and have this taken care of before you end up in the ER.

Good Luck!
I forgot to mention to get copies of every thyroid test results with Labs reference range, and you can refer to them when you post next.

I am mainly over at the "The Thyroid Disorders Forum" http://www.medhelp.org/forums/ThyroidDisordersSupport/wwwboard.html

TSH of 0 is dangerous to your health - please have this corrected
as soon as possible if doctor hasn't already reduced your med dose.  I am very concerned for you!

If you start to feel bad, that is, worse symptoms than normal either contact doctor or go to ER immediately!!!!!!