twisted spine
I was told by  my physical therapist that she believed my spine was twisted. Unlike scoliosis and making a s shape, my spine is straight but is turned towards the right making the left ribs pop out further then my right side. Im not sure what exactly this is called considering it is not the same as scoliosis and I am not sure how to make it better. I can not sit or stand for a long period time with out my upper left back hurting.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Get an X-ray of the spine. There is a chance you have compression of the spinal nerves in the lower cervical spine or upper thoracic spine region. This can happen due to overuse of computers, work involving straining of neck, herniated disc, canal stenosis, bone disease, spondylosis, poor posture etc.
If no bony abnormality is detected on X-ray then a MRI of the spine would be required to know what is the cause.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.