Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
uncomfortable achey(achy) legs at night

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

uncomfortable achey(achy) legs at night

Everynight I can't get comfortable with my legs plus they kind of ache. Sometimes I can take Tylenol and it helps but not always. I was wondering what different things there are that could be causing this.My Doctor said he was going to run two blood test to see what the problem was, but I didn't understand exactly what the test might show? Anyone have any ideas?
-1 Comments
I have some of the same pains.. I go to bed at knight and I hurt... I have Dibeties but I know that this is not always the problem... I have had nerve testing.. I am also being tested for MS... I hve had my pain at least a year with no solution...
You may have pinched nerve.. Or the restless leg.
Hey, sounds like restless leg syndrome to me.  My neighbors mom has this - symptoms sound just like yours.  Not sure what tests he could run for that - I don't have alot of knowledge on this - just thought i could suggest this to you since it sounds so much like my neighbors mom.  take care
Thank you both. I was leaning toward restless leg syndrome myself.
Hi My husband has quite bad restless leg syndrome. It was driving him nuts. Anyway the good news is that meds do help. My husband takes sodium valproate which has totally resolved it. Take Care Chris
I have that EXACT thing..... not restless leg...... but ACHEY (achy)... at night when I am in bed.   I wished I knew what it was too.  Have had for quite awhile!!  Tylnol doesn't help much, only my Vicodin.  But don't want to take that all the time.  I have bought some spray at the health store called PAIN NO MORE.  Shake the bottle and spray all over you legs before you go to bed. (don't get in your eyes and make sure you are wearing underware)  This has helped me the most.  But wished I could make it all go away and understand what it is!!  I can tell it is not restless leg ..........it is a constant ACHE!!!!!!  I sure feel for you, and it is good to see someone else has this also.
Your symptoms sound  a bit like fibromalgia. Although the aching is also a symptom of RLS. I've had RSL for years and years.  These neurological conditions like fibromalgia and RSL are an absolute curse. There's tons of info on the net about fibromalgia. Do a google search and see if the symptoms fit yours.
Good Luck.
hi,
i have to get up in the mornings at 4:00am and then get back home at around 6:00 pm, all through the day i dont have a chance to rest or sit down, i have a very active job. then when i get home i still have many commitments with my three children which include football, swimming and rugby. my thighs are killing me and making it so painful for me to do anything, please give me some advice, all i wont is painfree legs, perhaps a sort of cream, i dont know, get back to me.
thanks x
Hi Donna I hear you loud and clear.  I think I have the same problem.  As soon as the temperature drops I get severe pain in both my legs which actually wakes me up.  I dont take any form of pills.  What I have found is the pain will disappear pretty much straight away if I throw a warm blanket over my legs (generally from the knees down).  Jensen47 commented it could be a symptom of fibromyalgia.  Interesting enough I was diagnosed with this a year prior to the cold legs waking me at night.  Give the blanket a go.  Keep a nice heavy small blanket on the end of your bed and throw it over when the pain starts.  Let me know how you go.