uncontrollable muscle movements
I have been having random, uncontrolled muscle movements. Such as one of my legs will jerk sligtly on its own. Or i will have muscle twitches. Sometimes my neck will move slightly to one side.
The twitches seem to be just like those that you get in your eye, but i get them in my neck, or other random places. It lasts up to a minute. Its not painful or anything though.

help?
Thanks for writing to the forum!
I would suggest you get the blood levels of the following checked if they have not already been checked: potassium, calcium, sodium, vitamin B complex, or vitamins B1, B3, or B6 and Vitamin D. Generally deficiencies of any of the above can cause muscle twitching and spasms in localized or generalized areas of the body. Get your kidney function, parathyroid gland function and adrenal function tests done because these affect the electrolyte balance in the body. Stress, alcohol, and fatigue all cause similar symptoms.
Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.