Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
uncured constant gas and constipation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

uncured constant gas and constipation

i have had this for 1.5 rs already. i have gas 100% of the time which is embarrassing. i am also constipated all the time and defecate too little even if i eat a lot or take in fiber. i already took psillium fiber, oatmeal, etc to no avail. i have gas and pass wind almost all the time nonstop. i have tried pankreoflat, motilium, mucosta and omeprazole meds. i've had endoscopy which revealed non too harmful cases such as gastritis. but the symptoms are persisting and it's hitting my confidence level and limiting what i can do at work due to embarrassment. need advice.
Tags: Gas

Constipation can be caused by the slow passage of digesting food through any part of the intestine. More than 95% of the time, however, the slowing occurs in the colon.

Other causes are suppression of the urge to defecate,diet low in fiber, over-use of stimulant laxatives (e.g., senna, castor oil, and certain herbs), hypothyroidism and hyperparathyroidism(by raising the calcium levels in the blood), intestinal pseudo-obstruction, Hirschsprung's disease, Chagas disease,colon inertia(nerves and/or muscles of the colon do not work normally) and pelvic floor dysfunction(the muscles of the lower pelvis that surround the rectum (the pelvic floor muscles) do not work normally).

Eat small nutritious meals at frequent intervals instead of a heavy single meal. Exercise frequently and take your dinner atleast 2 hrs prior to bedtime. Also raise the head end of the bed by 2 blocks.Also take some antacids or PPI blockers like prilosec.

Increase the fiber amount in your diet. The best natural sources of fiber are fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.Also take plenty of fluids through out the day.If still the symptoms persist then pls consult a gastroenterologist and discuss these possibilities.
Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing.

You have not completed your profile so I don't know if you are a female or male.  In females these symptoms can occur when there are growths in your reproductive area pushing on your intestines.  You should also ask for an ultrasound.
I have the majic solution for constipation for you as I have suffered in the past what you are suffering from. Take between 250-1,000mg of magnesium CITRATE (SISU brand is prob the best as they offer 250mg capsules) with meals and it will losen up your bowels quite well.

Give it 1 or a few days to start working although it may work right away. As your body becomes regular just take less mg of magnesium. If you get cramping of the stomach then the doseage is too high. You can start maybe around 500mg with each meal and go from there.

Magnesium Citrate is relatively cheap and you can find it in any local health food store, and some grocerie stores if they carry good vitamins.

Good Luck
Jen