unexplained bruise
I woke up this morning with a large bruise in the fold of my elbow. I did not injure this area the previous day. I do though have really bad pins and needles/falling asleep of both my hands during sleep and they wake me up from the pain of them "returning" to life. the bruise is on the upper part of the inside arm reaching down into the fold and is about 2 inches wide. Any insight would be appreciated. Oh..I do not bruise easily. 43 yr old, type II diabetic on Metformin. Thanks
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Since you have diabetes, pins and tingling in arms and hands chances of deep vein thrombosis and fragile spider veins causing the bruise are high. It could also be due to pressure urticaria (slept with elbow under you). If you are not on any medications like anticoagulants, blood thinners or birth control pills then this could also be due to clotting disorders, low platelet count, fragile spider veins, deep vein thrombus, deficiency of Vitamin B12, folic acid, or Vit K, a liver disease or certain cancers. Do consult a doctor and get this examined.
Hope this helps. Take care!