unexplained bruises
i get these really weird bruises . i always get the bruises on my thighs only,i've noticed that wear i get the bruise iches alot and swells up gets very tender,hot and red and by bed time it's a huge bruise.i don't know wear it comes from ,i haven't fallen or bumped any thing and it stays for days. i've gotten to the point that i know when i'm getting one of these bruises by the symptoms. i was wondering does any one else get these and what causes it?
also i'm almost always cold no matter the tempture out side or in the house.in the winter my feet and hands are numb
after about 5 minutes outside.
I have dark red bruising which appears on my lower right arm every now and then. They vary in size , are not painful and go within a few days?

Anemia and deficiency of vitamins C, K, B12, or folic acid are the common causes of easy bruisability.Try taking iron tablets and multivitamins for some days and see if the symptoms improve.

Vit B 12 deficiency also causes numbness of the hands or feet.

If the symptoms persist even after taking iron and multivitamin supplements,then pls consult a physician and get other possibilities ruled out.First of all,hypothyroidism has to be ruled out by getting a thyroid profile.Then SLE, bone marrow disorders, liver diseases,excessive alcohol consumption or leukemias have to be ruled out. Anti-clotting (anti-coagulants) medication also can cause increased bruising.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.

I've been getting bruises on the back of my thighs for the past 6 months or so,
I wake up with them, small little bruises all over the back of my thighs.... they go away after a couple days, but new ones appear. I'm experiencing no pain at all, even if i touch them... Since this has happened I've been more aware of what im doing on a daily basis and haven't hurt myself or bumped into anything..... Im not sure whats going on...
chamarbou...did you get any answers....
any one else have any ideas??