unexplained finger pain??
Hi, i have almost exactly the same symptoms..You explained it 100%. I woke up this morning with completely out of the blue, unexplained pain in my right index finger, on the tip, but more concentrated on the side of the tip. It feels like my finger has been mashed or hit with something qutie hard, or a needle or something got stuck underneath my nail. If i touch it, even lightly, it hurts very bad, under the nail corner, but also around it. If i leave it alone, it barely hurts but i can sort of feel my heartbeat in it, like its throbbing. I thought something had to have happened in my sleep, but i would have woke up if something had done something to me to cause this much pain. I took my nail polish off that nail (which i have had on for nearly a week with no issues) and there was no nail discoloration or anything that even looked abnormal. i have not trimmied or messed with my fingernails at all in at least a week. Im so confused. i have no idea what in the world could have caused this.

This discussion is related to Fingertip pain and sensitivity.
this case called paronchia = infection of the nail corner by a fungus the usually reccur to the same finger or other finger in tip may be or the corners may be but usually either after nail cut or cosmotic manipulation to the finger nail specially in cosmotic centers with mixed finger nail tools or rough manipulation in daily life.or wetting hands all time or alone withe no trigger
also females with some vaginal discharge ,the fungus innoculates itself into finger bed anywhere  ,the tip  the corner leading to this condition,
seek a dermatologist  ,if in need seek gynaecologist
good luk