Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
unexplained markings on stomach

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

unexplained markings on stomach

I have these red spots on my stomach. they dont hurt, nor itch(maybe once in a while they do, but they're all over my stomach. and I'm pretty sure they're not zits either. and this big blotch is on my rib. some of them are just spots, and some of them are long red lines, but only about a half an inch long.

what is it????
As far as the bumps...I'm not sure...could the long red lines be stretch marks??
i highly dought they are stretch marks, im only 13
How long are they there and are they worsening? I would see a PH to rule out petachea
Actually they could be stretch marks.  I have some deep ones on my lower back.  The doctor said I went through a growth spurt (as commonly happens during and right after puberty), and my skin was just not elastic enough to accomodate.  I was about 10 or 11 when it happened to me.  

but the marks that are long are horizontal, most of them. and they are not even a half an inch long. and theres a big blotch on my rib. and everyday when i look at my stomach i'm seeing more and more of those red bumps.
and whats petachea? i looked it up and i cant seem to find it.
Hmm...well I know that the stretch marks on my back are horizontal, and they started out quite small.  Puberty is a time when many teens get stretchmarks.  The thigh, chest, arm, stomach and hip areas are very common places for them.  And stretch marks are often quite itchy when they are first forming.  The only thing that throws me a little is the bumps.  

You may want to see your doctor to find out for sure what the problem is.
petachea - I dont know how it is spelled exactly, is when u get sudden bruises or dots on or under your skin and it is not a disease but rather a sign of an underlying disease.
petichiae is the correct spelling.
now most of them are red bumps, no more lines, and a big blotchy thing on my ribs. im going for an ultra sound this week because of cysts, maybe i should ask them?
Thankyou!!

i was wondering also, could just be a nerve infection?? i was getting stomach aches and the skin was sensative along where it hurt. so I did a symptom solver online and it said I could just have a nerve infection. most likely of having blisters on your ribs. but whats on my rib doesnt look like a blister. it looks like rough skin discoloration. and all the red bumps are mostly on my frontside but on my ribs. and a few are on my back.

i think when i go for my ultra sound at the hospital I might bring it up.
Here are some pictures of Bartonella rash.

http://www.lymediseaseassociation.org/PhotoAlbum_RashBart.html

Bartonella is a tick borne disease.  It is considered a "co-infection" of Lyme Disease, because very often people who have Lyme also have Bartonella, Babesia, Erlichia, or mycoplasma.

If you'd like to talk to other people with this, post on the medical discussion board at LymeNet.org.
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php

Bartonella can cause other symptoms, such as gut problems.
Treatment is usually with antibiotics.
You should be tested for coinfections, as well.

Testing is not always reliable, and you should do some reading to educate yourself about tick borne diseases.

Wishing you the best,
Carol
I am older than you, but think I have exactly what you do, I have not yet found out what it is and wonder if you have found anything more out. I want to thank you for posting your symptoms, it was nice to know that I was not alone {not that
I m glad you have it}also, your comments helped me to describe whtat it is. Thanks. Any info. you might come across I would be interested in and will cotinue to check for postings from you. Thanks again:}
I'm having slight pain in my shomach area.  Small red circle on stomach and when I touch it it feels like a small bump underneath.  It does not hurt and only slighty when I touch it.