Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
unexplained scratches
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

unexplained scratches

I wake up with unexplained scratches in various areas of my body. I have gone through a process of elimination of removing anything from the bed that could scratch me. I don't sleep with jewerly or another person. I don't sleep walk, my matress is new and there are no cats in my house. However, if I allow my dog to sleep on the bed (following several weeks of having him on and off the bed) there are NO SCRATCHES. The scratches are too thin for nails and often too close together for nails. Some only last a day or two, others only hours.

This discussion is related to Scratches on the back from nowhere.
Related Discussions
3 Comments
Blank
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
What you have is probably a rash. Dog allergy can develop anytime during the course of your interaction with the dog. Take an anti allergic and sleep without the dog for a day and see. If it helps, then it is dog allergy and if you want to keep the pet, then you need to keep a HEPA filter, air the bedding and room regularly, wipe the dog with a wet cloth daily and give it bath twice a week.
Hope this helps. Take care!
Blank
The scratches have happened to me off and on all my life. My mom gets them too. She only get them on her back. I used to only get them there too, but lately on my face. Like you said, some are for a few days and some just disappear the same day they appear. I think its just one of those things that only people who experience this know that they arent doing it to themselves.  I have experienced this in more than 3 different places that I have slept. I do know they happen in my sleep and all of the stories i have read about people who experience this say the same thing.
Blank
A related discussion, scratches on back was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank