unspecified fever every 9 or 10 days
I have been going to internist, oncologist, hematologist, hepatolgist and they all can't find a reason why I have fever.
Every 9 or 10 days my fever shoots up to 102.5 or 103 and stays there about 10 hours and then starts dropping.  There is no medication that budges it. They have proven through test and cultures during the fever that I have no virus, infection, bacteria, or parasite.  I had renal cell carcinoma about 18 months ago.  It was small and located in the center of my kidney, and they removed the kidney.  The hepatolgist and internist thinks it must have spread, and causing this problem.  This has been going on since December.  I realized I couldn't keep working this way and retired in February and started school in February, as well.  I will finish my school in December and very concerned if they will find what is wrong so I can pursue working, or what?  I am worried.  Hey, I need a paycheck! Any suggestions. There is no way I can work on the day that I have that fever.  I am too sick. Help me! Debbie  
Thanks for writing to the forum!
A cyclic pattern of fever is seen in EBV or infectious mononeucleosis, malaria, autoimmune disorders like rheumatoid arthritis, SLE, otitis media, endocarditis, IBS, STDs and cancers. You can go over all these possibilities to see what has not been tested for. It is difficult to comment beyond this without examining.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.