Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
unsteadiness

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

unsteadiness

Hi, I am a 42 year old female with a history of migraine headaches with aura.  Lately, i've been having episodes of unsteadiness which I am not sure if it could be related to the migraines or something other.  It happens probably a couple of times a day and feels like I am tipping over, but I am not. It lasts a couple of seconds.  It also feels like someone is pushing down on me.  I get this when I do not have a migraine.  I usually get migraines 2-3 times a month.  I had an MRI last year which revealed lesions on the white matter of the brain, which is probably related to migraine activity.  Do you think these lesions could be causing this symptom or any thoughts of what may be?  Thanks.
Not to scare you, but did they mention MS? Vertigo is a common symptom, as are migraines. Maybe it's nothing, but it wouldn't hurt to get a new MRI to compare with the old one.
Avatar n tn
thanks for your comment.  I don't think it is MS because I do not have some of the other MS symptoms and the brain lesions are not consistent with what they look like with MS.  I did think of that, though.  Just wondering if anyone else had the same.  Thanks
I also have a hx of migraine plus the little lesions you mention. This is called small vessel disease. Migraine, diabetes and hypertension can put you at risk for this. Yes, unsteadiness can be the result of these lesions, because they are in fact very tiny strokes.
Avatar n tn
Thanks for your comment.  I do not have hypertension or diabetes, but do think that these lesions are the cause of the neurological symtoms (symptoms) like you said.  I think the less headaches we get the better as fewer of these lesions will form.  Good luck to you too.