Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
unsure

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

unsure

i have a hard bump where the skull meets the ear the other posts say that they are tender to the touch  or could be a lymph node but it isn't.it isnt red or painful it is just skin color  ive done my own digging but i wasn't able to find anything on the internet its starting to get me worried  i don't know what i should do because i went to the doctor and they didn't know what it was so they just sent me on my way please help if you did any research and have any information could you please send it to me at ***@****
Tags: unsure, Skin, bumps
I think you are not sapposed to put your e-mail address on here. Anyways I have had some of these before. For me it was a cyst. If it is by your hair line it could be an ingrown hair as well. Maybe you should get a new doctor it sounds like your doctor is not doing his/her job.
Avatar n tn
hi,
If it is a "bump" beneath the skin it could be  cyst or lymph node (depending on the exact location). Lymph nodes don't always have to be tender... if it is a "bump" on top of the skin it could be a keloid scar or some other dermatological condition. Sounds like the doc you went to, didn't find it to be too alarming so I wouldn't get too worried about it just yet. You could get a second opinion or go to a dermatologist if it really worries you. btw I'm a medical student graduating in 3 months and I by no means know everything, but I hope this post helps.
It is most likely a cyst. I get them every now and then and they take forever to come up to the surface. dont play with it and eventually your body will clear it up.