upper left arm pain
Hi I am a 45 year old male,and for the last week or so i have been experiencing severe pain in my upper left arm and it also stretches down into my left hand.pain killers don't touch it i still have full movement in my arm and shoulder without the pain either increasing/decreasing.The pain seems to be on the outer facing surface or my arm not on the underside or armpit.The pain came on the day after i had to lift a component in work although it was not very heavy or awkward.
                                This pain has started to concern me as on a few times it has moved into my left chest area and if I coughed or laughed the pain would intensify,both of my parents have developed heart problems in older life mum has angina and my dad has had a few heart attacks and recently suffered a stroke.
The obvious question is have you been to your MD to make sure you are not having angina? You may just have pulled something at work, but it's not worth the risk.