Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
upper right side pain but gallbladder removed 10 years ago.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I had my gallbladder removed on 2002. Now I'm having pains some severe on my right upper side under my ribs. The placement is in the same area as my gallbladder was. I've had the pains for about a year on and off but I just put it off as phantom pains,gas, or just being active and pulled something. Now for the last month the pains are getting more frequent and lasting longer, the pain is so bad I double over holding my side the sharpness will take my breath, I start sweating and getting nausated. I've tried to narrow it down to if I was doing anything to cause it something I ate something I did,but I can sit and do nothing all day and it still happens and the samething weather I eat or don't. I'm at a loss at what it could be I was up all night hurting the other night but finally fell asleep before my drs office opened now I'm trying to get in as much as I don't like to go to a dr and I have to be at a point of no return to go and I'm volunteering to go now because it's got that bad. Oh I've got a history of kidney stones but this isn't like that the pain is higher and it's not going around into my back.. Any HELP PLEASE!
Hi there! just so you know just because you have had you gallbladder removed doesn't mean you can't get gallstones and another blockage causing you massive pain. sound pretty crappy huh well it can! I forget what the procedure is called but you will have to have surgery again if thats what it is! just research gallstones after gallbladder removal and you can read about it and other peoples stories! good luck I hope they find the source of your pain soon. The gallbladder pain is hell I rather give birth naturally than have that again!
I wonder if it could be a blockage in the liver or the pancreas.  The liver makes the bile, and then it flows through a duct into the gallbladder.  But when the gallbladder is removed, they route it directly into the intestine.  That duct could be blocked.
When you had your gallbladder removed were you diagnosed with pancreatitis? I was, and I was under the impression once the gallbladder was removed so was the pancreatitis.  Little did I know it is like arthritis, doesn't go away completely.   You have flare ups just like arthritis.  And other things the gallbladder can cause flare ups; ie...kidney infections, diabetes...etc....  last flare up I had was when my stomach was producing a thousand times more enzymes than it was supposed to.