urinating only once or twice a day
to whom it may concern,
for the last week i have been only urinating once or twice a day no matter how much i drink all day i can drink 3 cans of soda, 2 cups water and 3 cups apple juice.and i also have mid right sided back pain.
i was just wondering what can cause this and if i should be worried as im also not able to take any medication by mouth because anything i et or dring i throw it up right after .
any help would be appreciated
The mid-right-side back pain is indicative of a kidney problem. Do you throw up EVERYTHING you eat, or just medication? If so, what medication? You should really get to a doctor ASAP since declining kidney function is nothing to mess with!
yes i throw up everything i eat, not just medicine it really *****.
Thanks for writing to the forum!
Well after drinking the amount of liquids you mentioned, it is ok to urinate once or twice a day depending on your activity and sweating level. Have you had more fluids than you mentioned and still not have an increased frequency?
However since you also have a low mid backache and probably nausea, there is a strong possibility of kidney involvement.
I would strongly recommend you to see an urologist. You would need to het an abdominal ultrasound, kidney function tests, urine examination, serum electrolytes and maybe a few other tests. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage.  Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!