urine odor
what could cause a offensive urine odor recently i'm male 70 yrs

The normal odor of urine is aromatic. Some foods (such as asparagus), vitamins, and antibiotics (such as penicillin) can cause urine to develop an unusual odour.Just check out if this is the cause of the offensive urine odor.If not then medical conditions that can cause it like Hepatic (liver) failure, Ketonuria, Maple sugar urine disease (very rare), Phenylketonuria (rare), Rectal fistula and urinary tract infection have to be probed.

I feel that a consultation of a urologist and complete urine examination and culture will help in confirmation of a diagnosis.

I hope it helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.

i have been taking antibotics for tooth problem probable cause but liver function not ruled out anyway i espically appreciate the information thanks a lot don.    
whats the problem with me, after i urinate, its not painful yet i saw blood on the tissue paper. i had my period for about 5 days and after it, this i had noticed during urination, i havent had sex for 3 mos, whats wrong with me