vaginal ulcers
I've been suffering from an ulcer on the inside of my vagina wall for about 8 mos. now.  It's very painful during intercourse but otherwise it doesn
Looks like I'm not alone in this. Caught a cold 5 days ago and had way too many breadsticks at the Olive Garden the night before (have a mild wheat allergy). So it follows most people's suspicions that it's an auto-immune problem. Plus it happened just before strting my period too.
I've never had these ulcer canker sores before so I googled it and found this site and others describing exactly what I've got. Started as a sore lump 4 days ago and then solwly transformed into 2 sores opposite eachother. Only got painful yesterday afternoon. But what a pain.
Never have I feared going to the bathroom in my life as I do now. Such excrutiating pain that I damn near bought a catheter. Took the toilet tube idea and instead fashioned a plastic tube (cut a rectangle from the "doggie-bag" plastic container from a restaurant and wrapped it into a tight tube). Didn't feel a thing!!!
On a diet of yogurt and started taking acidophilus tablets. Going to get some lysine and see if that helps a bunch too.
I hope to never get these things ever again and hope they go away fast.
I think I have a similar issue. I am only 19 years old and I am having a flare up. The first time this happened I was only 15, had no sexual contact at all, and with a strange upper respiratory virus I had these black, painful sores on my vulva. I tested negative for all sorts of STDs. I had more than eight doctors all come in and look at my nether regions (which was horrifying), and most were confused. A vulvologist just suggested this was my body's way of reacting to infection and that it may happen again in the future.
I haven't had any problems for 4 years (almost to the day) and I am now getting them again along with some kind of upper respiratory infection. Does anyone else's sores bleed sometimes? Mine have bled both times. I find aquaphor helped mine back then, by the way. Also, is the coloring black or dark purple? I hate these things. I know this sounds terrible, but it is nice to know that other women are at least experiencing the same thing and that I am not some medical freak.
I had painful vaginal ulcers that seemed to recur when i was stressed. Went to rhumatologist and he thinks its autoimmune. I now take colcrys and prednisone when i feel a sore coming on. Works well so far. On a note- negative for all stds
Look up Bechets disease. Prednisone and cortisone cream is what is prescribed for flare ups of genital canker sores (aphthous ulcers) valtrex doesnt work cause its not caused by a virus. Find a doctor who will listen. 'Just a cut' is an important issue to be dealt with. Keep looking for a doctor willing to find a solution.
One thing I have found helpful is using alka seltzer in a squirt bottle instead of using toilet paper. You could also make licorice root tea and use it in a squirt bottle. Both of those things have healed cankersores in my mouth. Look up Behcets disease.
I found this forum searching my *** off for some answer to the same question you all seem to have.  I'm 48 (very young looking lol) years old and this seems more strange now that I've found others having the same symptoms/problem.  First let me tell you, about 20 years ago I found a small bump down there, didn't hurt, kinda flat, went to a dr who didn't seem concerned by it, so I chalked it up to some change in skin due to having alot of sex (not married long) and basically forgot about it.  Never had a problem with it hurting or changing in any way, until about 3 months ago.
I can't say I was sick with anything at the time, in fact I've hardly ever been sick, been to drs or dentists for anything and considered myself pretty healthy cept for those few pounds I could stand to lose.  I don't appear to be in menopause yet and I'm very regular with minimal alternating cramps/emotional symptoms each month.  I started feeling kindof irritated..and then felt the burning when i peed,  and noticed the bump had split and was raw so I started trying to figure out what was causing it.. thinking first it was sex (monogamous) and so refrained..then noticed rather quickly that another bump just like that one had come up beside it, then a couple of tiny hard bumps under the skin near by.  In this last 3 months I've noticed those tiny dots of blood from time to time and some days would seem they were even going away..only to feel raw with the itch/burn a day or two later.  I though yeast inf ?  I thought std (was my hubby cheating?)  I thought cancer .. and many things just like you .. finally getting the courage to make an appt and go try and find out.  The dr. I saw said its not warts, its not clamydia, and she didn't even think it to be herpes but we are getting that checked.. she looked under the microscope and said i have a bacterial infection and gave me some med that I just started.  I really feel its not just that and am waiting for my pap and blood tests to come back.  Are there other things  any of you may have noticed, like rashes or hives?  As I have been breaking out in different places at random moments like an allergic reaction, sometimes whelps, sometimes lines..small, large..uhhh.. and goes away in minutes..been doing that for probably 3 years now...strangely it almost completely stopped once this came about.  I take no meds whatsoever except for a diuretic (and wondering if i was allergic to it or it may be making my pee costic) .. and i have changed nothing in my diet or hygien routine. Do any of you retain fluid?  I do and during the time these appeared, it was horrible in my legs and ankles.. Dr was more concerned with that than she was with my 'sores'... she really did not seem to think it was any std, and hubby doesn't have anything on him or any symptom of anything.  Im really wondering about this immune system thing and what could cause all of us to have this similar THING. I will post again when I get my test results.. but I have a feeling I still won't know what it is.  Keep posting ladies, keep searching, and do take care of yourselves, being strong helps to fight off alot of the pollutants in this world, maybe we can beat this crap.  
Hiya, I'm sixteen years old and i've been suffering with outbreaks like this since i was about 11. It was absolutely awful having these breakouts that caused not only ulcerations down below but also lots of swelling. It caused pain in walking and absolute agony in peeing that i would have to either go in the bath or scream the whole house down. It always seemed to pop up when my body was already weakened by illness e.g. a cold- I even got it when i caught the chicken pox! The doctors never seemed completely sure of what i was suffering from. At one point they thought i had Herpes, next minute, Bechet's disease was mentioned. Finally, i was referred to a consultant dermatologist who told me that i was suffering from Complex Apthosis- this is ulceration of the Mouth and Vagina. There was never any information on Complex Apthosis when i was researching possible conditions. Apparently you grow out of it at about 20- 25 and the symptoms mentioned before sound very similar to my own. I really hope that this has found its way to someone also suffering from this condition as if i'd have had a diagnosis sooner, i would have been saved a lot of agony by using Doxycyclin which worked right away. Hope this helps someone x
I am so grateful I found this website!  So many of you are describing my exact same story!  I have never had sex and I'm an active, fit, healthy teenager.

I am 17 now, but this first happened to me when I was 15.  I was very sick one weekend with a fever and then I felt my vagina sort of dry when I would wipe.  After it got worse I checked down their with a mirror and noticed a huge white ulcer, it looked like a circle of white cream with a raw red ring around it.  It was about the size of a nickel.  I was so scared!  It took me several days to tell my mom since I just hoped it would go away.  My mom and dad took immediate action and rushed me to Urgent Care.  By now I had been hurting for almost a week.  No one in Urgent Care had any idea what it was, but finally one doctor gave me a shot and an anti biotic.  I was peeing in a bath tub for about 2 weeks before it went away, after growing larger than quarter size. Not a day has gone by that I haven't been grateful for being able to urinate properly on a toilet now.

Then, this past week my whole family got very sick with a fever and cough.  I was the last one to get sick, and one night it hurt to wipe.  I was like "Ugh no please no please no" the next morning I checked to find 3 little red dots on the inside lip of my private area, further down by the opening of the vagina.  Last time it had been higher up.  This time it is pretty far down.  We set an appointment at the pediatrician that day.  Right before we left I checked again and the little red dots had morphed into big bumps--like puple-ish gray bumps and bumpled together.  In only a matter of 2 or 3 hours!  By the time we were at the doctor she said she saw 5!  That was an hour later.  

By that night they had all formed into one big white ulcer, with a red ring around it.  We went back to urgent care and I got the same shot and anti biotic as I did when I was 15, but it hasn't helped yet.  I am soaking in salt baths several times a day.  Last time I could pee in bath tubs just fine.  This time I can't--it burns wayyy too much I start screaming or crying.  The pain is an unbearable burn.  

I just don't know what the heck to do anymore.  Hydrogen Peroxide seems to offer some relief when I hold it to my sore with a cotton ball.  Also, I have to take 3 advil every 3 hours to help the pain--which it does.  I can't wear panties and I have been wearing skirts--it hurts to walk so I'm pretty much on bed rest.  

This just makes me mad that so many doctors think it's herpes or act like something is majorly wrong or weird and that they have no idea what it is when SO many of us women are suffering from this.  We need to get to the bottom of this! It hurts!  
Please check my post..the last one on here dated Aug. 10 2012 and see if your symptoms are related to my disease Behcets. Because it is unknown by most Drs and rare in that many many have never seen it before...it is silk road disease..China and mid East disease but has crossed borders to US and Canada....and I've had it 10 yrs now and you're right..even at the hospital yesterday and NOBODY CARES..Even my husband of 43 yrs left me because of being disabled by this disease....please look at my post...lynn6189
hi there...I have an autoimmune disease...BEHCETS...very rare disease...1 in 10,000 Americans and 1 in 20,000 Canadians can get this illness it is so rare..more popular in the Mid-East and China therefore physicians in our countries are not familiar with it and cannot diagnose it..It took 2 yrs to diagnose and a Rheumologist is the Dr who will diagnose it...ulcers in the mouth, tongue, throat, lesions on the head raw red bumps, skin lesions in general on other parts of the body but mostly genital or mouth ulcers. I have had it 10 yrs but apparently it is in your system for 25 yrs before it rears its ugly head due to a trauma or stress..well recently I had a major stress and usually I just have small ulcers in the genital area...this time I have huge...9 ulcers on both sides of the labia...swollen inflammed and I can hardly sit or walk. Just spent 6 hrs in Emerg yesterday and they gave me an rx for prednisone even tho I was on it a month ago and it didn't work. I am hoping to see a rheumologist within a week that the hospital is setting up as I was only able to get an appt with one by my family Dr. for Jan 2013...ahhhhh the Canadian Medical System...broken..ya gotta love it...meanwhile Canadian bodies are breaking and dying everyday due to the system. I have to have a colonoscopy as they see another surgery coming (I've had 9 surgeries) but the waiting period is 1 year..Unbelievable...but please check out Behcets disease for mouth and genital ulcers..That will be your answer for these painful ulcers..and your Dr will not know anything about it...only a Rhumologist...
Relief for urination-
I have had vaginal aphthous ulcer for about a week now. Last time it happened was 10 years ago an I remember it being so painful, this time I have managed to avoid most of the pain. I am a hygienist so as soon as this one came on I started using Lidex Ointment (fluocinonide .05%) this is a prescription corticosteroid sometimes given for oral aphthous ulcers. I noticed that it did not hurt to pee. I was feeling so good I didn't reapply and it hurt so bad to pee I thought I was going to pass out. That's when I realized that the ointment acts a water repellent. As long as there is enough ointment on the ulcer is no pain. If you don't have a doctor to give you a prescription then try vasoline (petroleum jelly), neosporin may also help (they now make one with pain relief) apply a thin layer of ointment whenever there is discomfort. The ointment also keeps you from rubbing and eases pain throughout the day. Also the running shorts that have the underwear built in from Old Navy are so comfortable as soon I get home I change into a pair.
Anyway, ointment works for me and it is easy to take a small tube with me to the bathroom, I use q-tips to apply.
I thought if this could help anyone else it was worth posting.
Also, I went to see my gynecologist  and she took one look at me and told me she thought it looked like Bechets, she has only had one other case of vaginal ulcers and said that the cause of the other case was mononucleosis. She referred me to another gynecologist that has more experience with Bechets.
Have you ever heard of Pemphigus? It's an auto immune disease where you can have blisters on different parts of the body. I know someone who has it. Look it up, maybe that's what it is.
Very relieved to have found this website and to read all of the other comments knowing I am not the only one looking for answers to this horrible reoccurring condition.  At the age of about 19 I broke out in a bunch of lesions in my vaginal area.  They were raised and hurt like crazy.  I could barely walk or go to the bathroom.  Wearing pants was unbearable also.  I went to planned parenthood and was told it was herpes. Naturally I freaked out.  I went to two other gynecologists for other opinions.  One did a biopsy (from what I remember) and both came back negative for herpes.  One of them said it was an allergic reaction but he couldn't say from what and I forget what the other one said, but I was just happy that it wasn't an STD.  Fast forward 22 years and at the age of 41 while traveling for work I had some vaginal discomfort and after checking in the mirror I noticed I had what looked like a white head pimple on the inner part of my vaginal lip. It was extremely painful to pee. I checked on the sore 8 hours later and saw that it had grown to about the size of a pencil eraser and was pure white, like it had a pus covering over it.  The next afternoon I had checked on it again and it had turned into what looked like a canker sore and was about the same size. A day later it was gone.  This was 2 years ago and in the past 2 years I have experienced about 8 of these episodes and they are all basically the same.  I start to feel an itch or discomfort in my vaginal area, I check the area, it starts out as small white head looking pimples (most times I have one of them but have had 3 at the most) they grow in size to about the size of pencil erasers, they turn white at first, then lose the white color and look raw and exactly like mouth ulcers (which I have suffered from my whole life) and then go away usually they last from 3 to 7 days.  It is very frustrating that the 3 gynecologists I've seen said they have no idea what it is.  Unfortunately by the time I get an appointment the lesion has disappeared but I do have scarring at the site.  I currently have another breakout and this is the first time that they have turned red raw and are bleeding slightly.  I have used peroxide but I think it only makes it feel temporarily better but makes them worse in the long run.  I'm currently taking lysine for this latest bout as they seem to be lasting longer than usual.  I have been under a tremendous amount of stress in the last two years and have previously taken YAZ.  Actually YAZ was prescribed for me by my gyno by mistake and after having heart palpitations while on it, I stopped using it and it was about the time I stopped using it that the outbreaks started.  Not sure if it's related or not.  I just started a new job and can't take the time to see a doctor right now, but I am worried after reading some of the above posts that the lesions could get bigger or I could lose some of my skin.  One other side note and I'm not sure if it's relevant, but as a teenager I had to give a urine sample when I was having abdominal pain and the ER doctor told me that I had an unusually high amount of bacteria in my urine, but didn't say it was a concern or anything.  Not sure if I could have a personal problem with bacteria.  Although it is a scary situation and very painful, I am just grateful to know that I am not the only one suffering with this and am hopeful that more doctors will get experience with it so we can all get a proper diagnosis.  I am going to take a lot of the info I read on here and look into treatments and doctors for diagnosis.
Thanks BamaMom25. I had a reoccurrence with fever and flu symptoms and then the grey filled sores started. I used witch hazel after I used the toilet and just dabbed and rubbed as much of it in to the ulcers as I could. It stings a little at first but it provides a lot of relief. I've noticed that it takes the "gray" out of the ulcers because of it's drying properties. This really helps!
Hi scared to death,   l'am 57 and have been suffering for years on and off, my vagina was either that itchy that no matter what l used l could not stop the itch and it was so intense at times l would just sit in the bed crying in agony and would scratch myself raw or would have multiple ulcers or both. At one stage the ulcers (9 in total )were so bad l was hospitalized as l couldn't walk, sit or go to the toilet.  Over the years l went to a multitude of doctors and Gyno's, none helped me at all, one doctor even me told to just keep smothering Vaseline on my vag and one Gyno treated me like a complete idiot and told me that if l don't use soaps, deodorant and wear cotton underwear that it will all go away in it's own good time and won't come back again sure and pigs can fly. I was in so much pain that l would stand in the shower with the water running on me so that l could pee and even then l was in so much pain l would virtually be screaming in agony with the pain.  So eventually l did my own research on my problem via the Internet and guess what l found out my body can't tolerate SUGAR !!!!! this is how your body reacts to too much sugar in your system, it causes your urine to be too acidic and causes you to either itch down there or break out in ulcers but everything that we eat from the supermarket contains sugar it's even your milk and bread,  l hope the idiot that came up with the idea of adding sugar to everything has to live the rest of his life with a huge ulcer on the end of of his ****...payback girls....Now this is what you do go to the chemist and buy yourself a couple of tubes of xyoocaine jelly  (pure heaven in a tube)  always keep extra on hand in case you need from time to time.  lt is one of the strongest anaesthetic ointments on the markets and available without a script and works brilliantly takes about 1-2 minutes to deaden the itch or the pain, make sure that you apply a liberal amount to your vagina when you need to pee and wait a couple of minutes if there is still a little stinging pat dry and apply a little more, l found it 100% totally effective in controlling the pain. Now step 2 when purchasing food from the supermarket....  READ THE AMOUNT OF SUGAR that this particular food contains, even bread and milk contain high levels of sugar, l found that soy regular milk from the cold section contains very little sugar and actually tastes like real milk (l'am really fussy with milk) and soy ice cream is the same very low in sugar and is really nice really tasting and  creamy, so just check the sugar level with everything thing that you ea.t lf you are like me and have a sweet tooth you can still enjoy some of your favourite foods, it just may mean that you will have shop around to find what you like.   FAT IS NOT THE KILLER.... SUGAR IS.... IT'S A POISON TO YOUR BODY and can cause women the most excruciating pain  ...and as an extra bonus l went down 2 dress sizes in two and a half weeks and my energy level has risen as well.... so there is light at the end of the tunnel and since keeping to this diet l have had no more problems  .Also girls if you have recurring problems with thrush, there is an holistic natural cure for that too, just contact me at ***@**** and l will forward it on to you, it works so well that my GP has asked me for a copy of it. l have also suffered with chronic thrush all my life and since using this method have never had a problem since....so good bye, good luck and good health............  :0)  
Hi,   l'am 57 and have been suffering for years on and off, my vagina was either that itchy that no matter what l used l could not stop the itch and it was so intense at times l would just sit in the bed crying in agony and would scratch myself raw or would have multiple ulcers or both. At one stage the ulcers (9 in total )were so bad l was hospitalized as l couldn't walk, sit or go to the toilet.  Over the years l went to a multitude of doctors and Gyno's, none helped me at all, one doctor even me told to just keep smothering Vaseline on my vag and one Gyno treated me like a complete idiot and told me that if l don't use soaps, deodorant and wear cotton underwear that it will all go away in it's own good time and won't come back again sure and pigs can fly. I was in so much pain that l would stand in the shower with the water running on me so that l could pee and even then l was in so much pain l would virtually be screaming in agony with the pain.  So eventually l did my own research on my problem via the Internet and guess what l found out my body can't tolerate SUGAR !!!!! this is how your body reacts to too much sugar in your system, it causes your urine to be too acidic and causes you to either itch down there or break out in ulcers but everything that we eat from the supermarket contains sugar it's even your milk and bread,  l hope the idiot that came up with the idea of adding sugar to everything has to live the rest of his life with a huge ulcer on the end of of his ****...payback girls....Now this is what you do go to the chemist and buy yourself a couple of tubes of xyoocaine jelly  (pure heaven in a tube)  always keep extra on hand in case you need from time to time.  lt is one of the strongest anaesthetic ointments on the markets and available without a script and works brilliantly takes about 1-2 minutes to deaden the itch or the pain, make sure that you apply a liberal amount to your vagina when you need to pee and wait a couple of minutes if there is still a little stinging pat dry and apply a little more, l found it 100% totally effective in controlling the pain. Now step 2 when purchasing food from the supermarket....  READ THE AMOUNT OF SUGAR that this particular food contains, even bread and milk contain high levels of sugar, l found that soy regular milk from the cold section contains very little sugar and actually tastes like real milk (l'am really fussy with milk) and soy ice cream is the same very low in sugar and is really nice really tasting and  creamy, so just check the sugar level with everything thing that you ea.t lf you are like me and have a sweet tooth you can still enjoy some of your favourite foods, it just may mean that you will have shop around to find what you like.   FAT IS NOT THE KILLER.... SUGAR IS.... IT'S A POISON TO YOUR BODY and can cause women the most excruciating pain  ...and as an extra bonus l went down 2 dress sizes in two and a half weeks and my energy level has risen as well.... so there is light at the end of the tunnel and since keeping to this diet l have had no more problems  .Also girls if you have recurring problems with thrush, there is an holistic natural cure for that too, just contact me at ***@**** and l will forward it on to you, it works so well that my GP has asked me for a copy of it. l have also suffered with chronic thrush all my life and since using this method have never had a problem since....so good bye, good luck and good health............  :0)
If it is an aphthous ulcer then it has to be treated with steroids; topical for minor such as triamcinolne or oral pills like cortisone for major ulcers.
I developed these ulcers (the gyn likes to call them lesions) on a Mlonday out of the blue. I was given Valtrex is case it was herpes as I know it is not. After researchingI discovered aphthous ulcers & started using triamcinolone ointment and the next day they were healing nicely. Then a few days later being today I wake up with excruitiating joints pains; could not move my wrists, my rt ankle, lt shoulder pain, fingers all ached and rt wrist swollen. Orthopedic MD is saying possible gluten intolerance could be causing it.
Using lidocaine in order to tolerate sex at this point is only going to complicate your issue. I would wait until you heal first.
I hope this is helpful to you.
im only 13.. 13! and i have all the symtoms that all you have described. i have also been sick for the past few days with terrible stomache pains but not normal period pains or anything, they are up higher. it hurts so bad and i woke up this morning and went to the toilet as usual, and as i wiped i realised my right labia minora was swollen, so i got the mirror and had a look. i was horrified, i had a massive ulcer down there. (i also have gotten many, many ulcers in my mouth since i was about 6.) i haven't done anything sexual with a guy at all, remember im thirteen haha, so im really scared and i dont want to say anything to my mum because she with probably think it's an STD.. someone help :(
Best case study to read.  Explains my symptoms to a tee and very informative on treatment.

http://www.zsd.si/ACTA/PUBLIC_HTML/acta-apa-07-4/7.pdf
Have any of you used tampons before this happened? I have ulcers too and it's painful and never have these before. It started after I used a tampon and my vagina got dry and I took the tampon out and it started getting very sore and itching like crazy, so I think I scratched it too much plus the use of the tampon irritated it. I didn't like tampons to begin with now I am never using them again. I've been reading about it online and read that tampons can cause these ulcers. Something with the rayon and the fibers irritate the skin and causes dryness. It also said that it will clear up on its own and to stop using tampons or it may recur. I'm hoping it goes away soon. Same for all you ladies as well.
I will be 70 in a few weeks. I too have gotten these small hard very sore bumps around my vagina area and even one up the side of the crack outside my rectum. Before, the bumps came out, it was very itching in the area. More at night during sleep. Then when I had to urinate, it was a terible burnign feeling. Everytime I used the bathroom, I had to wash with Ivory soap and water, than compresses with hot water to get relief. I went to see a Dr. she immeiately took a culture to check for herpes.  I have to go back in a week for results. She prescribed amoxicillian for me which I'm on every 8 hrs. This is the 2nd day. Still no change and yes my area around the outside of my vagina is swollen too.  She told me to use Vitamin A &D cream on the area. I've also used Triple anti-biotic cream..   Last year I was diagnosed with MRSA from a bad mosquito bite on my arm. I was in the garden and got bit. I began scratching it with the garden soil on my hands. It got infected.. I waiting too long to go to DR. And they had to lance it. The pain was unbearable.  I don't know if my MRSA has anything to do with this too.
Any suggestions?
I am taking Sepia and it seems to be helping.  The little "blister" is much smaller and doesn't itch as much.  I also make sure I take my Probiotics and Enzymes.  Some suggest using plain yogurt down there to ease the pain... but I use white vinegar diluted with water - it stings a little but stops the itch.  Then I use a beeswax based lotion/cream I bought that contains jojoba oil.  It helps for several hours and I can pee without pain most of the time.
So i had similar symptoms, fever, swollen glands then an itching burning sensation on my vagina, when i looking with a mirror i saw 3 puss filled ulcers, about the size of 5 pences, one on the left and two on the right. the doctor said herpes, AND he said i had tonsilitis. he put me on antibiotics for the tonsilitis and Aciclovir for the herpes. after two days the puss went from my tonsils but i was in excruciating pain from the vaginal ulcers! i went to the sexual health clinic and when they looking the two ulcers on the right had formed one large one! that doctor also said herpes, she took swabs and blood tests for every kind of STI, i went back a week later but had tested negative for EVERYTHING! this doctors examined me she said she didn't even think it LOOKED like herpes, she brought in an ex-dermatologist and he said it could be something called behcet's diease! i couldn't get an appointment with the hospital dermatologist for 3 weeks so i am as yet undiagnosed! at this point i've had these ulcers for 3 weeks and they are starting to clear.

BUT here are a few tips at home remedies i've found very useful!

to avoid pain during urination pull the labia apart, possibly covering the ulcers gently with your fingers, you may get urine on your hands but it's a hell of a lot better that experiencing that pain that makes you wana throw up!

after taking a shower and gently rinsing the area, i dilute half a tea spoon of salt with warm water and dab the ulcers with the solution using a cotton pad, don't worry, it doesn't hurt! then dry it thoroughly with a clean cotton pad.

also wetting a cotton pad and dipping it in baking soda then applying this to the ulcers seems to reduce the puss, it can hurt but not a lot! then pain diminishes rapidly, leave this for a while then dry the ulcers with a clean cotton pad.

It's very frustrating to have no diagnosis and no treatment. i am also seeing my boyfriend this weekend after a month apart...i really don't wana have to explain this situation as we haven't been together that long. i'm going to try having sex and seeing if it is painful :(

good luck everyone, love x x x
Is there anyone who is had surgery to have the vaginal ulcer removed or had it cauterized that could share their results?
Just a thought - has anyone tried taking L-Lysine to heal the ulcer?  It works on Herpes Zoster and Herpes Simplex.  Might work on these ulcers as well...
A related discussion, Same problem. Undiagnosed was started.
hi ladies,
I have had the same problem for more than a year now. First outbreak was extremely painful. Since then, only itching with ugly ulcers. Comes at regular intervals and then disappears. Tested for herpes 4 times in many different ways. Tested for eveyr other STD. Only have sex w/my husband, but that is very infrequent now thanks to this! It tends to break out right after sex. I had a biopsy and they said it was an aptrophus (SP) ulcer, like a mouth ulcer? But mouth ulcers don't itch and they don't reappear in the same place every couple of weeks. Nothing seems to help, fungal or steroid creams is what they've tried. Any insight is appreciated.
I'm 16 and literally freaking out. I have been sexually active and my first though was herpes. I checked with my previous partners I had been intimate with and not one of them have an std. I read that the first outbreak of herpes could be accompanied by flu like symptoms and I have been sick so I of course flipped out. reading all of these stories have reassured me beyond belief. I only have one sore which is gray in color and slightly puss filled i have been placing toilet paper between the sore and the rest of the are down below to prevent spreading. I'm going to the OBGYN tomorrow for the first time and am markedly terrified I'm sure I will get an STD test and I am praying for negative results. Thank you all I am bringing this information with me. Wish me luck.
I know you want something or someone to blame, but it isn't Giardisil and it isn't your doctor's fault.  Becet's and Lipshcutz disease existed long before the vaccine, as did crohn's disease, std's and apthous ulcers. Pathos ulcers are not an STD, and they occur under stress and sometimes certain foods trigger them (acidic, tomato, beer) I've known people with both Becets and crohn's Vaccines are supposed to trigger your immune system so that if you are exposed to the live virus your body can respond. Eat well, sleep 8 hours, don't party or burn the candle at both ends.  Any time you or your immune system is stressed these things can happen.  Also, herpes tests only works well if the blister wasn't already broken.  The swab needs to break it.  Last, there is a blood test for herpes one and two.  They stay positive when you don't have symptoms.  But, most people have been exposed to herpes one since childhood, even if they never got symptoms.  Many people don't have visible signs of infection.  It lives (rests) in you forever, can not be cured (the medicine just shortens the outbreak or lessens the symptoms).  It's just a big bummer you have to deal with and live a very healthy lifestyle.  Don't be another sue-happy person.  You'd be WAY more upset if she got cancer because she didn't get vaccinated.  
Related citations in PubMed
Ulcus vulvae acutum in a 13-year-old girl after influenza A infection.
[Skinmed. 2008]
Review Acute genital ulcers in nonsexually active young girls: case series, review of the literature, and evaluation and management recommendations.
[Pediatr Dermatol. 2012]
Lipschütz ulcer (ulcus vulvae acutum): a rare cause of genital lesion.
[An Bras Dermatol. 2012]
Ulcus vulvae acutum.
[Acta Dermatovenerol Alp Panonica Adriat. 20...]
Review Diagnosis and management of vulvar ulcers.
"Aphthous vulvar ulcers are painful ulcerations on the genital mucosa frequently accompanied by systemic symptoms. They are most commonly reported in young women and adolescents without a history of sexual contact. Diagnosis is made by exclusion of more common causes, and treatment for this self-limited condition is mainly symptomatic."  
These are Lishcutz aka 'vulvae acutum' = vulvar ulcers

Typically, if it isn't syphilis or chancre, or herpes, it is exposure to another virus and your immune system is weakened… whether Epstein-Barr , cytomegalovirus, mononucleosis, influenza, or the common cold.  
Soft Chancre is caused by a bacteria, (hard)chancre is in syphilis.

The more worrisome diagnosis are the auto-immune problems, like crohn's, or Becet's , Celiac…
This article explains it, but can't cure it. you can find it on Pubmed

Dermatol Ther. 2010 Sep-Oct;23(5):533-40. doi: 10.1111/j.1529-8019.2010.01356.x.

"Lipschutz ulcers: evaluation and management of acute genital ulcers in women."
Huppert JS.
oops, misspelled "Behçet's disease".
CANNOT BEGIN TO EXPRESS HOW RELIEVED I AM TO FIND THIS FORUM! I too, have the same story as many of you on here as far as having an extremely painful vaginal ulcer and having doctors assume it's an STD, except also admitting they've not seen anything like it?! I have also had oral ulcers since I was a child but never cold-sores (blisters on outside of mouth).

My current situation started with fatigue and very mild aches (which I thought to be due to sleep deprivation, allergies, and PMS). That was last Sunday April 6th, by Monday I had a fever and slightly swollen lymph nodes...I was now becoming concerned. I had also noticed some vaginal irritation which concerned me more, but I assumed was related to the fact that I was about to start my period. Tuesday irritation worsened, Wednesday I felt pain and got a mirror out to examine myself only to be horrified at the sight of a quarter sized, white/yellowish colored ulcer with a a dark reddish purple rim on accompanied by swelling on the inner left side of my labia.
Nervous and in tears, I went to the ER. Doc poked and prodded (which was excruciatingly painful), told me he thought it was not herpes but ran a test for it anyways. Prescribed me some pain meds.
Friday I went to a Planned Parenthood because it's affordable and I have no insurance, also thinking I could get to the bottom of this, had two diff docs look at me, both admitted they had never seen anything like it but tested for Syphilis, Gonorrhea, and Chlamydia. Panicked and wanting immediate answers on a Friday night I went to another ER. The lady who examined me is convinced it's herpes although she has she has never seen a "break out" this large with only one sore. She prescribed me 400mg Acylcovir 3Xday.
Although I don't believe it truly matches descriptions of STD's I am still anxiously waiting on test results! =[
I will update when I find out!
I am going to try and get and appt with a gynecologist asap on Monday to hopefully biopsy and figure out exactly what is going on.
*concerned and nervous*
   Sepia from the health food store.  Used for all kinds of female problems including vaginal warts and ulcers.  -  5 tiny pills twice a day for a week - then once a day for another two weeks.  Then use only as needed.
   Sounds good to me... I need some, too.
I too had a sore inside and it burned really bad and itchy like crazy but after a lot of creams and diff meds my doctor prescribed me amoxicillin and within a week the soreness and all its burning and itching went away completely  not saying this will cure all you woman with the same issues but it worked I now am pain free at last which I never thought would happen seeing as it was a horrible pain I couldn't sit stand walk or wear clothes,i too have done the ACV the sitz baths the creams the baby power and nothing seemed to work till I was on amoxicilian
    Just finished a course of amoxicillin and I still have the problem.   Guess it didn't work for me.  Am still taking Sepia in hopes it will work.    - Gyno took two off - hurt like crazy as she didn't numb me or anything - just "clipped" them off.  I bled some and had to use a pad.   :(
Hey everyone,

This forum has helped me feel immensely better. I have literally been driving myself nuts over the past 6 months, with the idea that my negative herpes test was somehow wrong.

In early November, I came down with what seemed like the flu. I just felt super, super sick for like 2 or 3 days. I had chills, aches, headache, and I even threw up from drinking two nights in a row -- which never happens. My throat felt somewhat sore, but I wasn't sure if it was sore or if this was a result of throwing up.  Anyways, a few days later I noticed a weird twinge of pain when I made a certain movement. Didn't think too much of it. Later that night, I started feeling around out of curiousity. That's when I discovered my biggest nightmare. I broke down in tears and assumed the worst.

I had my roommates look, and they each said it looked literally nothing like herpes. I would say this was the size of a nickel or a quarter. It was also very round. Also, it was located on my right labia majora. The Labia was also SUPER swollen. I realized there was also one other ulcer located in the vaginal opening.

It looked exactly like you all described -- red ring with a grayish/yellowish middle.

However, I still was not convinced that it wasnt herpes.  The worst of if all is that I DID have unprotected sex 10 days earlier. Before that happened, my partner had assured me he was clean and that shouldn't be a worry for me (isn't that what they all say). Anyways, I was a wreck. I went home and balled, balled, balled. I kept coming to the conclusion that it had to be herpes. I went to the doctor and she said it was atypical looking for herpes, but that since it hurt, it was unlikely to be syphilis, and that chancroid was very uncommon -- so that was highly unlikely. So she assumed herpes. Well, I was tested for herpes, hiv, and hepatitis a,b, and c. I waited in agony all week for my results. The doc in the meantime gave me a prescription for acloclyvir (however it's spelled), and said if it started getting better that that was probably it. I didn't notice anything getting better. Things seemed to just be getting worse. Peeing was excruciating. I learned that leaning really far forward on the toilet helped with the pain.

The results all came back negative.  I was literally head over heals happy. ecstatic. cry happy. However, I've ended up at the point where I've convinced myself the test was wrong. I'm super, super paranoid now ever since. Any little bit of pain or twinge I feel down there, I assume the worst

So here I am, 6 months later. Still wondering what the heck happened.

May I also mention, I had mono as a child. Then, my freshman year in college, I was given amoxycillin as a result of an upper respiratory infection. I started breaking out in a rash all up and down my arms, and it did not itch. It was just slightly, slightly sore to the touch. This apparently is a good sign that you have an active infection of mono in your body. I had no other mono symptoms that I had noticed though, but they say the 2nd time it is activated the symptoms are often much, much milder.

Somehow I have hoped that maybe the ulcer was a result of another mono flare up in my body. That possibly sex reactivated the Epstein Barr virus.

Also to mention, I get yeast infections often. Not sure if they're chronic or what. So not sure if this could be auto-immune.

Anyways, I found a white area in my vagina that I first thought was a lesion. I went to the doc and she said she wasn't concerned with this being any type of lesion. Looked more like shallow skin. She referred me to the gyno, go the the gyno and told her about my experience. What's her first inkling to say 'yeah, well then you probably have herpes'  with a little smirk on her face. I was pretty pissed. Itsnot a light subject. Anyways, I showed her the white area and she said it wasn't a lesion or anything and more like what looked like a scar. I think it may be a scar from the precious ulcer. Anyways, she decided now there was no point in testing for herpes since there was no active outbreak and you cannot spot test with blood tests, so she instead decided to test me for syphilis, and retest me for hiv, hep a b and c. All tests came back negative. A few weeks earlier I went to a walk in clinic as a result of weird vaginal twinges of pain and what seemed pelvic pain. I got checked for UTI and then I asked if I could also be checked for stds. I had just gone off birth control a few weeks earlier and the doc guessed that maybe this was causing my weird vaginal pains. So idk.

With my pee I got tested for Chlamydia and gonhorrea. Came back negative. I also had rash? that came a few days after shaving and after my period ended. It just looked like very small bumps, almost flesh colored. It did not itch. I wasnt sure if it was just razor burn or something like that... So I don't know what that was -- but it didn't help make me feel any better.  

Anyways, that's the gist of my story. My mind is still not at ease, but this forum did help me to feel a lot better.

Any thoughts? Sorry that this was so long. Hope everything starts improving for all of you!
Hey! Read the above if you can! Thanks!  I know you're a recent poster, so I thought maybe you would be interested.
Any results? Hope you're feeling bettee
Hi everyone,

Hope you're all feeling better. This post has helped me so much also..and I'm so glad i found it. I am experiencing the same thing.
I had unprotected sex with my regular partner, and it hurt whilst it was happening but not enough for us to stop, and then do it again. The next day I was bleeding (has NEVER happened, not even my first time) and then I was spotting for a few days after that. I thought it could have been a tear as i was a little tender for a few days, so I just brushed it off thinking it would heal itself.
About 4 days after I was in EXCRUCIATING pain. I could hardly walk, couldn't sit down, couldn't move, I just laid in bed and took pain killers. It hurt to pee, and the only way I could relieve myself was sitting in a hot bath. My partner said he has been tested recently and was clean, as had I; so I ruled out STD's. But upon examining myself after the pain got progressively bad I saw what looked like some ulcers on the inside of my labia. I also started experiencing a heavy discharge, which resembled pus. At this time the pain was unbearable, and I was in so much discomfort so I went to the ER. They examined me and the pain was excruciating, I was crying and screaming in pain in the ER. They diagnosed me with an unspecified STD, and basically told me it was herpes. I was given azethromycin, ceftrixone (needle) and a script for antivirals (acyclovir). Naturally I'm freaked out and really upset about this, and even more so that it's been three days and my symptoms do not seem to be relieving..I'm still in a lot of pain and discomfort, and I almost cry every time I go to the bathroom.
Before I had sex and this happened, i did have what appeared to be the start of a flu, but admittedly I do get them quite often. I also had a bout of really bad thrush about two months ago that persisted, and was also on metronidazole for 'bacterial vaginosis'.
I'm still waiting to get results back from my STD tests taken at the hospital, but if my partner is being honest I'm expecting them to come back negative also. My urine test at the hospital came back negative straight away for pregnancy and UTI.
I've never had this before and the thought of ever having sex again literally sends shivers up my spine. My partner said that he hasn't noticed any symptoms, but I've advised him that it's important that he gets checked as soon as possible.
This is now day 9 into the pain, which seems to be getting worse even after taking all of the medication. I'm really worried, and I really feel like the people i've told (even medical professionals), and my partner are not taking me seriously as to how much pain and discomfort I'm in. It's really upsetting.
Has anyone resolved their problems, or got any ideas at other pain relief? I've been taking ibuprofen and paracetemol together, but it doesn't seem to be helping.
Good luck.
A related discussion, Behcets disease was started.
http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/behcets-disease/basics/symptoms/con-20027549

Go tell your doctors what you have, and thank them for the diagnosis.

Love,
SFG
this might help, too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aphthous_stomatitis
hello, am Ade Mimiko am just here to say thank you to Dr Alaska John for all his help to my family.  My wife was experiencing bleeding in her virginal and also every time will meet to make love she always complain that her body hurt her so much. For more than 11 years now will have been treating this problem. Last week i meet a post of Sandra palmer thanking some one who got her out of the same problem i contacted the man on behalf of my wife and told him the all she have been facing. today my wife virginal bleeding is gone and her sexual life is back to normal all thanks to Dr Alaska John. Here are his contacts  ***@**** or call +2348169591194
He is also an expert in the followings

WANT AN EX BACK
MEN WEAK ERECTION
CAN NOT GET PREGNANT
WANT YOUR MAN TO LOVE YOU FOREVER

just contact him ***@****
go to consult any good homeopath ,,, becoz some time conditions are not cured by routine medicine
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.