Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
varicous veins causing leg pains and numbness

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

does anyone have an answer to varicous vein pain?  Numbness, and tingling, and discomfort in both legs. Exercise helps, walking etc, but returns soon after. Numbness is accompanied by the veins enlarging, leg elevation then reduces the swelling and pain. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks
Hemorrhoid cream works for many people to shrink veins and reduce pain. Make sure to get the cream, not the ointment (stinky and messy).
thanks for that I will give it a go, and let u know...
excercising also has long term effects if you build up some muscle; the muscle supports the veins better so the they dont bulge as much. i think they make elastic sock thingys too that can give you more support. i dont know if numbness is typical with varicose veins or not... i havent heard that before but im no expert. may want to talk to a doctor about that, do some research, or ask people on this board.
Thanks for the info. yes I find exercising helps, whilst exercising no probs. Interesting what you say about the pains though, Im just 'assuming' its vein problem since when its numb the veins are more evident. What else can give me similar symptoms....should I get a pair of wooden legs on stand by??
I have numbness in my right leg now for a few years and have always thought it is partly to do with circulation but I have been told it isn't. what i have been diagnosed with is, an idiopathic lumbosacral plexopathy, which basically means the group of nerves in my lower back are not working properly and cause constant numbness down the backs of my legs but t hey dont know the cause of it. .I have been searching for something to fix it for years now as I felt I had to take matters into my own hands as the doctors have told me it's a developmental thing. nothing has worked so far :-( but I suggest that if you are getting numbess, then you should go and speak to your doctor because I have never heard of numbess happening because of veins but am very interested to find out more. I hope everything is ok though because I know how stressful it can be to have something wrong with you and you don't know what it is... :-) if you find anything else out it would be great to hear and learn some more about it.