Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
very bad acid reflux

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

very bad acid reflux

Starting today I've had the worst acid reflux I have ever had in my life. There is a constant burning in my stomach and it shoots up my chest and makes me feel like i'm going to puke and I do. I've puked about 6 times today, mostly clear bile and stuff I TRIED to eat such as toast. Everytime I eat something it makes me queazy. My doctor before all of this told me to get on PepcidAD and it didn't work. Zantac doesn't work and tums make me want to vomit even more. Another thing is that my nerves are the worst. I make myself nervous about everything which seems to enhance this acid reflux. After I puke I always feel a little bit shaky and my stomach eases up, but then I get the acid reflux right back again. I've been trying to drink milk and water but they make me sick? Does anyone know how to stop this because I really don't think I can take this anymore and hospitals aren't going to do anything.
Try Prilosec. It may take up to 4 days to take effect.
In the meantime, you want to contact your doctor about this.

Yes, nerves will make it all worse. Try to sooth yourself and engage in things that bring you "peace."
As for soothing foods-google search: easily digestible foods (you must eat).
Try drinking Chamomile tea (my favorite, if stressing) and meditating. What about a nice, warm soak in the tub.
You need to figure out what is troubling you and why. Followed by how to ease them.
By not eating you are making yourself weaker which will make you more nauseas... so it is really important to try and eat something.... small meals several times a day.... Prilosec is great. there is also something called protonix that may help, but i think that needs to be prescribed. When trying to eat- try some bland foods - nothing spicy or anything with tomatos (they are really acidic) things like OJ and coffee can be harsh on the stomach as well. Try not to eat 2-3 hours before bedtime or laying down on the couch... and what helps me is to add an extra pillow so my head is elevated a little... gravity helps to keep things down. If you can stomach it- they make these drinks called ensures... they are a meal supplement and also coat the tummy alittle... Check in with your doctor because some acid reducers like zantax and protonix have something that actually heals the stomach and throat instead of just treating the symptoms... good luck... acid reflux really hurts- I hope you feel better.
Hi, I also have really bad acid reflux. My doctor prescribed Nexium 40mg once a day. I had a lot of your same problems (throwing up and stuff) This medicine really did the trick for me. You should ask your doctor to call you in some. It is kinda expensive ($103) if you don't have insurance. But well worth it. It also will help to heal your esophigus (sp.) over time when taking this. I too tried everthing else over the counter. I think this will solve your problem. GOOD LUCK!
I had similar problems and was diagnosed with GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease). The doctor told me to put 6 inch blocks under the legs of the head of my bed. This helped me hugely and was surprisingly easy to adjust to. He put me on 6 small meals a day with low fiber also.  He also prescribed Nexium 40mg which has completely healed the problem. Since I didn't enjoy all that pain and discomfort I'm staying on the 6 small meals a day. An added benefit is the loss of 32 lbs. Excess weight seems to add to the problem.  Good luck. I hope you get the solution and relief that you need soon.
Everything you have i have , i have tried Nexium and Raberrazole .

the puking everyday cant eat and drink . (what liquids do you drink if Milk and water effect you .. thy effect me aswell .
I have lost 70lbs in the last 8 months cause i cant eat ..

what kinda of diet are u on ..
I have the same problem, I have a small hiatal hernia which causes me really bad acid reflux, and I puke up acid quite often.  I've figured out how to control "the expelling" of the acid so that it isn't as much of a painfully terrible experience.  One thing I just started trying which seems to work pretty decently is drinking a lot of water to dilute the acid.  Then when I puke up the acid it doesn't burn as badly, and results in less acid in the stomach, relieving me of any heartburn for a while.  Now I'm experimenting with how often i need to drink a lot of water.  I'm kind of worried I'm going to cause myself to go bulemic or something, though.  I seem to be getting in great shape, however.  The liquid acid I puke up looks similar to the liquids in greasy foods that are unhealthy to eat.  I seem to be pretty healthy, and getting in better physical shape, with no bad side effects.  It almost seems healthy that I'm getting rid of whatever I am.
I had heartburn for 10 years- tried everything out there- from the over the counter to the prescribed. I don't know if this applies to you, but for me...it was my posture- I had to reteach myself how to sit and stand, drive and relax. By fixing my posture I took the pressure off of my system (stomach and the rest) and the heartburn disappeared instantly. I've not had it now for 4 years- no doctor even suggested the fix that worked.