Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
very localized lower right back pain.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

very localized lower right back pain.

Hi, It's been about six months or so, since I started getting this very localized pain in my lower right back.  It feels as though there is a patch of about 4 square inches that is being pushed on my back.  There is also a fairly sharp throbbing pain that goes along with this.  Oddly, it doesn't feel like muscle.  It actually feels like the bone directly to the right hand side of my lower lateral muscles.  The pain has gotten more often, and stronger.  After noticing the swelling, I had my husband rub it with allot of pressure.  The next day, the swelling had changed from one larger patch, to several broken clumps that moved around under the skin slightly.  It started hurting again last night, and again, my husband rubbed it for me.  Today, the pain is tremendous with the lumps appearing once more.  What could this possibly be?  I am waiting for my insurance to kick in, so I don't want to go to the doctor just yet if at all possible.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Lower right back pain with swelling could be due to a kidney infection, muscle or ligament injury or even due to herniated intervertebral disc (less likely). Stone in the urinary system causing retention of urine can be another problem. It is difficult to comment without examining. Needless to say you need to consult a doctor. Until then take it easy. Do not do any strenuous cativity.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
i have been having lower right back pain. It seems that there is some swelling on that side and it feels like someone kicked me in the back. Going on for several days