Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
vitamin D3 deficiency and dizzy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

vitamin D3 deficiency and dizzy

who have vitamin D3 deficiency and feel dizzy,not a normal dizzy but a weird feeling like I'm floating it's so Annoying Specialy when I'm laid on the bed,I feel like l'm flying,and when I'm seating I fell imbalance.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Along with Vit D3 deficiency there is a chance that your cervical spine is affected. This could be causing compression of cervical spinal nerves and hence the feeling of imbalance and dizziness. There could also be associated anemia, low blood pressure or even internal ear problems. Endocrine disorders like those of thyroid and parathyroid too cause dizziness.
It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. You will need to undergo a few tests and may be MRI of cervical spine to rule this out. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
I've done an MRI and every thing is ok,I've done the internal ear test and I took alote of medication to treat the dizziness and it dose not work,
I have stiff neck and I feel pain in both of my shoulders and my back the pain is so sever.
My muscels is so weak if I walk I feel imbalance I can't walk with out holding some one.
My Vitamin D3 level is 8.5
I've been taking vitamin D3 the last 6 weeks,50.000 IU per week,still 2 more weeks.
I feel a little Improvement but still have the pain and the weakness.
Prescription vitamin D has been found inferior to the over the counter vitamin D3. My level is 20. My doctor wants it increased to 50 and told me to get OTC D3 and take 4-5000 IU a day for 3 month before being tested again.
Good luck!