Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
vivid dreams/night sweats

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

vivid dreams/night sweats

I have been having very vivid, detailed, extremely realistic and graphic dreams for almost 5 yrs now. Sometimes I have sexual dreams that cause me to have an orgasm while Im dreaming, which wakes me up ...weird, I know !  I am 39 yrs old and I have 2 kids, age 5 and 7 1/2.  The dreams and night sweating started while I was pregnant with my 2nd son and have progressively gotten worse .  As the years have passed I have thought to myself that this is how its going to be, I dream hard and have night sweats and thats just the way it is. Having to change my sheets several times a week and also wash my mattress pad because the sweat soaks through that too, but talking to my mother about it, she said to me "thats not normal" and I need to bring this up to a doctor.

Well a year ago, I brought this up to my ob/gyn, telling her that I thought it was hormonal and she changed my birth control pills, that didnt help, I also had lab work done and everything came back normal. I just recently went to an endocrinology clinic ..... he checked my thyroid, that looked fine, so I will be going to get some more lab work done , but I'm 99 % positive that everything is going to come back normal again.

Reading other people's blogs on here , they have said  to see a neurologist and go to a sleep lab and or have a sleep study done.....or maybe it's a sugar imbalance ?    
1 Comment
Forgot to mention that I do take Effexor XR for depression, and I have read on the internet that it could be the cause for the dreams/night sweats, so I plan to see the psyiciatrist to see what his opinion of the matter is