walking on tip toes
My son is now 2yrs. old and he walks on his toes almost all the time. sometimes when he's standing still or walking on uneven surfaces he tends to put his feet down flat. my wife and I have gotten him several pairs of exspensive shoes, but none seems to work. His pediatrition think he will out grow this problem ,because he will stand flat footed when standing still . other than walking on his toes hes a normal child who is energetic loves to run play and seems to be on pace with learning and identifying things,hes very intuitiveand also curious.

This discussion is related to Could tip toe walking as a child cause knee and other joint pain later in life?.

There can be many causes of toe walking in toddlers, the most benign cause is idiopathic and corrects on its own. Many children start out on their toes and gradually start walking normally. Other cause could be a congenital short Achilles tendon. The serious causes include muscle spasticity due to lesions in the central nervous system.
You can discuss all these possibilities at his next appointment. Take care!

My 8 year old walks on tippy toes, she has since she was 5. We were told she has short Achilles tendons in her legs and she would need surgery to lengthen them. Is there anyone who has had this surgery and has it helped in any way. I would be grateful to her your comments.
My 8 year old walks on tippy toes, she has since she was 5. We were told she has short Achilles tendons in her legs and she would need surgery to lengthen them. Is there anyone who has had this surgery and has it helped in any way. I would be grateful to here your comments.