Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
warm, water like, burning sensation in lower back

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I am 30 year old female. Yesterday I started to feel this warm water like sensation on the left side of my lower back.  It starts in the same place then spreads which lasts about 1 to 3 seconds in duration.  Once it shot down to my toe, I looked down because it felt like I dropped warm water on my toe.  Now it has just been spreading like a start the size of a grapefruit - again in the same place - lower back - left side.

I am thinking it is a nerve...but what is pushing against it to make it feel that way? a tumor, a cyst?  or am I just being a worry wart?

This is the 2nd day in a row I've been feeling this...yesterday it lasted about 1 hour. Today it has been going on for 1 1/2 hours so far.

Help.
Kellie
***@****
Tags: Pain
Very ocasionally, this is a symptom of divertilucosis. It is part of what is called a "pain dermatome". That is to say,you have an internal problem in an area with nopain sensors and it reflects itself in discomfort in a different part of the body. Often, but not always there is lower left quandrant abdominal pain with the back sensations. Try a stool softener, a liquid diet for a few days, abstaining from alcohol, an anti-inflammatory like motrin, a teaspoon or two a day of Pepto-Bismal, and see how things go. There may be other causes, including spinal compression of a disc, and a few other things,  but for starters I'd try a dietary approach.
Funny, now the warm burning sensation has gone away, but I have lower, left abdomenal (abdominal) pain - crampy/ sharp feeling.  Hurts to bend over or even walk.
My lumbar back is warm.  When I sleep on my back and I roll over to my stomach. my sheets where my lumbar was feels like either an electric blanket or like the sheets came right out of the dryer.  It has been like for at least 4 months.  What I don't understand is why is it not warm/hot when I am awake?

I would guess it is some inflamation (inflammation).........but why would this go on for so long?

Anyone have insights or what can I do to help this out?

thanks.

George