warm/hot sensation in my leg
I have been have a warm/hot sensation in my right shin all day. Ive had this feeling a long time ago an didnt think it would come back but it has. Theres no pain, swelling, redness, and its not warm/hot to touch its just a weird and strange feeling to have in your leg. I am only 20 years old..anyone helpp???
Hi i Think its just your nerve, maybe pinched nerved that it makes blood circulate faster. I Tend to feel like this but on different parts of body days after i work out. Not all day but did you hurt your shin?
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
A heat sensation or sudden feeling of warmth can be a sign of blood clot or deep vein thrombosis. It can also be due to pinched nerve or due to diabetic neuropathy. If you are a female and on birth control pills, then this could be due to the side effect of pills as they can also cause deep vein thrombosis. For diagnosis first a duplex ultrasound or color dopplar would need to be done. If this is negative then a nerve conduction study and test for diabetes. If there is a chance then if everything else is negative, then lupus may need to be tested for.
Since I cannot examine you and know other related conditions you may be having, nor is a detailed history possible on net, I have listed the various possibilities that should be looked into. Please consult your PCP to run tests and examination to clinch a diagnosis. Take care!
A related discussion, painful  and swollen ankles, heat sensation behind knee and calf was started.