Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
was dected with brucellosis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

was dected with brucellosis

was tested  and titier  was 160
and after 2 months of following medi
R-Cin 600 once a day
Ciplox  twice a day
Doxy twice a day

Garamycin 3 times a day for  7 days ( total 21 injections)
Streptomycin 1 time a day  for 23 days (total 23 injections)

retest result from one  lad  came negavtive and  from  other lad  came positive  with  titer 320

what to do now?

kindly  guide me  that is it possible  that  level  can go high  even afte taking medi.

regards
jignesh
jignesh.***@****
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Antibiotic resistant strains are rarely seen. Also you had a combined antibiotic approach to prevent relapse. It is quite apparent one of the labs gives a wrong result. Hence it would be wise to get the test done at a third lab and compare results. Do discuss this with your treating doctor.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Thanks for the reply  got  the report done in  3rd lab  and  report is +ve

i am still on above mentioned drugs

and  I need to mention  that  this is already second time  first it was  found in dec 2008 and was treated for same  at that time with  different  drugs

also i need to mention  that i have a very  long and complicated  medical history in last 4 yrs  which many doctors of India have found  difficult  to understand and explain, many things one after other have taken place  which have no specific answer or reason  

and  Most of doctors are unable to findout/explain the  cause/reason for those problem

starting from weight loss, then detection of TB, then weight gain, then again weight loss , then Cloth in brain,inr problem, then paralysis of left side of body, then vision problem with left eye, then thrombosis in left leg, and Brucellosis , then  again  after  1 yr 4 month  brucellosis and thrombosis in left leg.

I have  scanned copies of discharge  cards  of all hospitals and  summary of  my medical  history which i would  like to send  to  medical professionals  across globe  to review and  guide me

however  as of now  my current Dr, Atul Patel is treating me for brucellosis  and i still have  weak  right  hand and leg, along with thrombosis in left leg.

very poor to nil left eye vision (can also see if something is  there  extremely partial vision)

if any Dr  from any part of the world  can guide/help me would  be great!!

my contact details  are  as follows

Jignesh Thakkar
+91-9898195658
+91-98240-19324
+91-79-27556705
fax: +91-79-27559023

email: jignsh.thakkar at yahoo dot come

i am still on above mentioned drugs

starting from weight loss, then detection of TB, then weight gain, then again weight loss , then Clot in brain,inr problem, then paralysis of left side of body, then vision problem with left eye, then thrombosis in left leg, and Brucellosis , then  again  after  1 yr 4 month  brucellosis and thrombosis in left leg.

my contact details  are  as follows

Jignesh Thakkar
+91-9898195658
+91-98240-19324
+91-79-27556705
fax: +91-79-27559023

email: jignsh.thakkar at yahoo dot come

i am still on above mentioned drugs

my contact details  are  as follows

Jignesh Thakkar
+91-9898195658
+91-98240-19324
+91-79-27556705
fax: +91-79-27559023

email: jignsh.thakkar at yahoo dot come