Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
weird "blowing" sound in left ear and other worrying symptoms...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

weird "blowing" sound in left ear and other worrying symptoms?

I keep getting this weird sound in my left ear, the only way i can describe it is that it is like someone is blowing in my ear, or like the wind is blowing in my ear gently. It lasts for a few seconds and then goes away. If it is any help, i will list other symptoms below that I’ve suffered for the past few months:

Numbness in head/face on one side, sometimes both sides
Numbness across chest
Tingling in head
Dizziness
Nausea
Light headedness
Feeling of being unsteady/unstable on my feet (fine when I’m laid down)
Constant fear of death
Feelings of panic and hyperactivity when i begin to panic
Crawling sensations in head
Twitching in right eye mostly, but also in other body parts sometimes
Constant tiredness/fatigue

I went to see a neurologist, who diagnosed me with suffering anxiety attacks and panic attacks. Since the appointment, most of the symptoms have gone away, helped with medical hypnosis, breathing techniques and general health tips. The neurologist told me that it is unlikely that the symptoms are being caused by a brain tumour, because if they were, then only one side of my body would be affected (which it isn’t, because the numbness can vary between sides of my head, and it is ACCROSS my entire chest, not on one side.
Also, all of the symptoms seem to only start when I am alone, away from friends, in public places or when I’m in a stressful situation. They always seem to go away after I lie down and relax with deep breathing, or if I focus on something I enjoy.
A typical “episode” of these symptoms can last about 10 – 15 minutes, but longer ones have happened in the past.

Firstly, is my neurologist right in saying this about the numbness, and also, could this be because of anxiety that i am suffering these symptoms?

I am a 16 year old male, suffering from ADHD, weighing 119 pounds. 5ft, 3 inches tall.
1 Comment
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Yes, your neurologist is right. However, also consult an ENT specialist to rule out causes related to ear, which can cause blowing sound in ear, tingling, nausea etc like wax in ear, and TMJ. The numbness you feel could be due to panic attacks. Take a multivitamin supplement and see if it helps.Also, get the serum electrolytes checked.  Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!