Undiagnosed Symptoms Expert Forum
weird chest feelings and fast heart rate

Topics covered include , breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

so over the past few months i have been feeling a weird tightness in my chest. when i lay down and am standing still my heart seems to 'pound' and beat alot faster the normal. under small tasks and doing other activities it beats alot faster and will start to feeling tight. its not really hard to breathe, although sometimes i do get the feeling of losing my breath or i have to take deep breathes. it seems to cause me to burp alot more then usual and when i do, it almost seems to relieve pressure on my chest, even for a moment. there is also the feeling and its hard to describe, right under my left peck in the middle, it feels like there is something detached almost? when i breath heavy or just regular sometimes i can feel a 'click' or moving of something. i also seem to get headaches quite frequently, but seem to be more caused in the mornings and by computer screen or phone. but when i do, they are bad and dont go away all day until i sleep. all of this seems to not go away but kinda of get better and i dont notice it as much when my mind is off it and im not doing something very straining. could it all be caused by just stress and constantly thinking about it?
I would evaluate for cardiac causes.  Various causes of palpitations can be due to anatomical variations of the heart, valve disease, or coronary artery disease.  Obtaining a stress test with an echocardiogram can be considered.

If negative, you can consider various GI causes, like GERD, an ulcer, or inflammation of the upper digestive tract.  An upper endoscopy is the most comprehensive test to excluded these causes.

Stress may be a contributing factor, and should be considered if the aforementioned tests are negative.

These options can be discussed with your personal physician.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patients education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
www.kevinmd.com