Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
weird fluttering in my head

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

weird fluttering in my head

I keep getting this fluttering sensation in the back of my head like there is a butterfly stuck in there. do you have any idea what it is? My medical history includes taking st johns wart for anxiety and albuterol and Qvar for asthma
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Mild fluttering here and there can be due to albuterol too. Other than that it can be due to pinched cervical spinal nerves, clot in a blood vessel, localized dermatitis or even dandruff. Peripheral neuropathy as in diabetes too could be a cause. Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral.
Hope this helps. Do let me know if there is any thing else and keep me posted. Take care!

Welcome to the MedHelp forum!

Do you hear anything when it happens? Could be an ear infection, or if no sound, it could be nerve endings dying. That causes a sort of feeling like you described. Nerves die from time to time around my eyes and it feels like a twitching or fluttering.