Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
werid liquid and pressure feeling in left jaw?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

This is weird, I get a pressure feeling in my left nostril, and when I move my jaw, it sounds and feels like there is liquid in there. Also, I get numbness in the left of my face. What could this be? I am 16, male. Weight 119 pounds and 5ft, 3 inches tall.
1 Comment
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Weird feeling in jaw, pressure in nose and hemifacial numbness can be due to TMJ. If the symptom is due to TMJ, then massaging the muscles of the face will help relieve the symptoms. You have to press on muscles to look for sore points. Then massage these points with short strokes. To massage the masseter muscles on each side of your jaw, place your thumb inside your mouth and squeeze the thick muscle in your cheek with your fingers. To massage the jaw muscles inside your mouth, use your index finger to probe and massage these spots.
Massaging the muscles does not help every one. Also if the procedure is nor correct, then it can further aggravate the problem. Moist heat or cold packs on the face, vitamin supplements, or biofeedback are useful for some people.
Common cold, sinusitis, ear infection, sensory nerve compression, dental caries, impacted wisdom tooth, peripheral neuropathy as in diabetes can all cause ear numbness that spreads to face. Hence these too should be looked into.
Hope this helps. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!