Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
what could if be?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

what could if be?

About four weeks ago I noticed a marble sized lump behind my ear. It was hard, didn't hurt, and wasn't red. Since then it has grown. I've developed night sweats, fatigue, and slight abdominable pain. My doctor seemed worried and set me up an appointment for next week. I'm worried its lymphoma, I have a huge history of cancer in my family, and I'm not sure if I'm freaking out for no reason. They tested me for mono, viral infections, and bacterial infections and everything was negative. What else could it be besides lymphoma?
Pray!!!! Hun if the Doctors has no answers for you then go to a higher power!!!
You have made the first critical steps in that you noticed the lump and have seen the doctor.  I assume when you say you have an appointment next week that you are seeing some sort of specialist?  You are making all the right decisions at this point since you do have a history of cancer in your family.  However, while I know it is hard not to freak out at this point, you don't have a diagnosis of cancer.  There are many types of growths that are not cancerous.  So if you can, just say to yourself "until I know for sure, I am going to BELIEVE it is nothing to worry about."  If you start to develop anxiety symptoms, I can give you some breathing strategies to help calm you down.  Your doctor can also prescribe a mild, small dose tranquilizer in order to help you through this stressful time.  

I also think it helps to surround yourself with friends and family.  If there are people to talk to that also helps alleviate some of the stress.  Make someone go to the appointment with you so that you don't feel alone in this.

Thinking only positive thoughts for you.  
Thank you so much for reassuring me I really appreciate your kindness!