Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
what is C4 Deficiency?

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

what is C4 Deficiency?

What is C4 Deficiency?
Seemed to be some sort of hereditary autoimmune disorder.

-DK
There are several rather long answers to this question, and I highly recommend this website for good information that might help.

http://lib.bioinfo.pl/meid:357535
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Complement 4 or C-4 is a protein that moves freely in blood and helps in inflammation. Usually this test is done to monitor response to management of autoimmune disease. C4 and other complements are low in lupus and high in rheumatoid arthritis and certain cancers. Decreased component activity is also seen in nephritis, cirrhosis, bacterial infections, malnutrition, hereditary angioedema, and hepatitis.
Hope this helps. Do let me know if there is any thing else and keep me posted. Take care!