Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
what would cause air to come out of penis

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

My dad has a lot of heath issues including, end stage renal disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, among other things. He told me the other day he went to use the bathroom and peed he said after the pee stopped air came out of his penis and made a farting sound, he made a phone call to his doctor who said he would see him in dialysis in 2 days. Just wondering what might cause this. In all my years of anatomy and study of the human body I have never heard of such a thing
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Yes, I agree with you. The only way gas can come out of urinary opening is when there is a tract in the urinary system connecting it to gut (fistula). In all probability the gas came out of anus and appeared to come out of the urinary opening.
Hope this helps. Take care!
A related discussion, air coming out of penis was started.