when i go from cold to hot, i get unbearably itchy
Beginning every late fall, every time I go outside and then come inside (from a cold place to a hot place), I get itchy - unbearably itchy.  This itchiness can last anywhere from thirty seconds to fifteen minutes and can often make me very uncomfortable.  I always have to take off my coat and start scratching immediately after walking into a building (as long as it was somewhat cold while I was outside).  Most of the itching is on my back, but it's also on my shoulder's, neck, chest, arms, and head
I have  the experienced the same condition as you many years back.
It start after I had a very bad episode of body rash as a result of too much alcohol, the rash went away after 2 weeks and then I began to experience unbearable itch (more like prickly feeling) whenever I go from a cold place to a hot place like go under the sun.

It carried on for about 2 years then it gradually stopped on its own.
I'm 15 and have had the problem since I turned 15 I'll be sixteen in two months so its been going on a while. My doctor says she has no idea what I'm talking about. Its a prickly and hot feeling that starts at my back and spreads to my ams face and legs and sometimes my feet. Only when I go from cold to hot, I will usually go to my bathroom and put water on the places to cool them off. Even that takes a while to work.
Go to an alergist. I did it because of the same symptoms that feel like itchy needles. He put me on aniti histimines and it helps. My condition is called physical erticartia. Google it and you will see your symptoms. Don't diaganose it yourself, go to an alergist. Be smart.

joel