Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
white bumps on tonsils

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

white bumps on tonsils

I have white bumps on my left tonsil only. someone told me it could be tonsil stones and you can pick them off with a cutip. i have been doing this for 2 months but they are coming back everyday now. also when i push on my tonsil with the cutip its almost like long strings of thick pus. my throat isnt sore at all, it just feels like i have a hair their or something and it has been making me vomit. When i remove one of the bumps i can see up insde the tonsil....what is this... please help
you probably have some sort of an infection that your body can't take care of on it's own. Go to a doctor, let them swab your throat, and take some antibiotics.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
If at all they are tonsil stones then it is difficult to say what is causing the tonsoliths. These are made up of food particles, dead cells, and oral bacteria. Together these form hardened white balls and cause bad breath. The clue could be oral hygiene. Brush your teeth twice a day, rinse your mouth after every meal, and use a tongue cleaner. Most tonsils go away by good oral hygiene. Some you can scrape off yourself. Others a doctor can remove, especially an ENT. If they still persist surgery is performed.
The other possibility is a pus filled cavity that is not healing due to repeated trauma of you pulling out the debris. It can also be fungal infection.  Please consult an ENT.
Hope this helps. Take care!
It could be a very mild form of tonsillitis ,sometimes you can have it without the other symptoms ,i do recommend you see a GP as antibiotics could clear it up and vomiting all the time is not very good for teeth it can strip then because of the acid and you really do not want a secondary problem.