Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
white cell count high- adhesions?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

white cell count high- adhesions?

2004 pain right side (ovary intact), leg and lower back. Had a cyst on right ovary 3 cm, treated with Birth control shrunk.

2005 pain moved to left side, leg, lower back and upper abdomin (abdomen)  bloated, gas.  Had gallbladder removed, surgeon also did a laprocopy was to "looks like someone laid a apron inside of me could not see anything" symptoms still became worse, bedridden from pain and pressure in pelvic area. Primary put me on Durgesic pain patch and Hydro's.  Helped for awhile.  Stop working.  Pain during intercourse on right side.

2006 Symptoms the still persist, losing weight rapidly, lost 9 lbs in one month.  Only on Hydro's for pain.  Extremely tired at times, feeling of a full stomache. Had tranvaginal sono couldn't find remaining ovary, only showed fluid and dark spots (waste).
Blood work comes back normal, the only thing that shows up is a elavated white cell count.  Has been going from 8 to 16 sometimes 18.  Dull ach in my armpits.

Symptoms are only getting worse. Somedays it feels like I have a flu with. Upper and lower GI's, abdominal and pelvic ultra sounds, Blood work, colonscopy and stomache scopy have been done, all is normal.
It sounds like you have a major infection in there. If your Dr. can't find anything, and no meds are working, you may have to think about exploratory open surgery. At the very least, get a 2nd opinion. Maybe a CT or MRI would help.
Dont Panic, but Have you been tested for Leukemia?
last white cell count was taken 2 weeks ago, it was at 8.  Which is the lowest it goes, other than that it runs between 14-18.  I don't now if that is even really high.  It just has every one stumped (Primary).  I just am not getting any better, just worse.
Thanks for the advise
I haven't been tested for Leukima, I don't think, is there a certain test?  I just got back from my obgyn and she said it is not in the ovaries, which is good I guess.  But it doesn't help because I can't get treated and made better.  My newphew had lympha leukima when he was 3 yrs old.  Today he is 25 and still doing good.  I am at the end of my rope, and I feel like just giving up and letting whatever it is I might just as well let it take it's course.  I grew up on the reservation, and there is alot of people my age dying from cancers and leukima.  My one blood work (before gallbladder surgey) showed my blood was thinning it came back abnormal, they just blamed it on the lab.  Than a tech. did a sugar test and asked me if I was on a blood thinner.  I don't now what to do, any advice?
Usually if your White Blood count is high, you should wait a week, and then get tested again, if it is still high or goes higher, then you need to go for futher tests. You should get another test to see if the whitw blood count has gone down.
Dont thhink the worst, just get checked to eliminate that , so you wont be wondering and stressed.
If the count went back down, then you can rule out leukemia, have you been tested for lymes disease?
3 mos. of high white cell count, blood in urine, vomiting/diarrhea, tired, low b12 and low folic acid.  After 4 specialist, I finally had a Hida Scan Fri.  Looks like my gallbadder is sick.  Not alot of pain but discomfort on right side to middle of stomach.  I have not been able to eat a full meal in months and have lost 16lbs.
I had my gallbladder out last year, the weight loss has just been happening, went off Hydro's to see if I could handle the pain, the pain is in my hip joints and back, and the upper back, I could hardly talk without it really hurting.  I am kinda just waiting to see what happens. that's about all I can do.  I do have some discomfort in my upper left side kinda like below my rib cage.
My husband for a year has been in and out of the hosp.always starts with diarrhea then goes to vomiting and then he starts hurting all over.we go to the e.r. he has had every test I can think of and always his white cell count is high and every thing else is normal.Just last month we found he had gall stones had surgery and just last week it all happened again went to e.r. and every thing was fine except white count was high,no one can seem to find the proplem can any one help.
Hi all,
I started having right and left side abdominal pain 3 months ago. Went to ER. Cat scan showed nothing. All was normal but a small ovarian cyst and a high wbc count. Went to doctor ran test again was even higher (went from 13.5 to 16). All urine and other blood tests were normal again. Ive tried 2 antibiotics with no improvement. Pain is dull and comes and goes. I am severely and constantly fatigued. When I try to walk through a grocery store for too long or bend over and stand up from weeding garden I get really woozy and lightheaded. It feels like Im going to pass out but if i sit really quick and wait a few minutes later it will pass. The doctor is sending me to get a cbc again and see if white blood cell has gone down any, if not then hell send me to a hematologist. Its beginning to scare me. Im starting to get depressed because I dont have the energy that I used to. Im in my mid twenties, overweight, and I smoke but generally healthy. Sometimes I have headaches or migraines but not all the time. Im lost..... Anybody have any Ideas or thoughts