Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
white gooey stuff on lips?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

white gooey stuff on lips?

I get this white gooey stuff on my lips...almost like it's chapped but I put on blistex every single day, and still when I get out of the water, or just throughout the day, I'll get it. do you know how to get rid of it?
Maybe it's food from the corner of your mouth or a build up of old chapstick.
well, I thought it had something to do with that too...but, I will get it just out of no where. and i never really noticed it until last year.
do you have any suggestions on any chapsticks or anything to use?
I get that alot and I don't were chal stick or lip gloss. I think it's just dry lip!
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Without examination a confirmed diagnosis cannot be given. Your symptoms could be due to stomatitis or due to angular stomatitis. Irritation and fissuring in the corners of the lips is termed as angular stomatitis. Irritation and fissuring in the corners of the lips is termed angular stomatitis. It can also extend to lips and area around it. In all probability you could also have very dry lips. A lip balm preferably petroleum jelly, Vit B supplements, iron, and honey should help. If it does not please consult a skin specialist.
There is one very simple thing that I would like to tell you. Lip area when it heals, forms a scab like dry layer. This layer though looks bad should be left as such so that the skin underneath it can get time to grow and cover the lips. If you peel this dry skin, the healing process starts all over again with dry skin on your lip.
Dehydration is the commonest cause of dry cracked lips. Drink plenty of water and see. Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!