white spot near tonsils
this white spot near my tonsils it feels like something stuck in throat
Hi.
This white spot maybe an infection, which will need treating with antibiotics.
Or this white spot might be oral candida, which is thrush, which will need treating with nystatin, which is an anti-fungal.

Either way this needs looking at by a doctor , so you get the right treatment to treat the cause.
Good Luck
Nicola
It is! Particles of food get caught in the holes in the tonsils, and cause inflammation. Get a toothpick and scrape it. It will come out, and smell awful (infection). Gargle with warm salt water. All better! (:
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
The white spots on tonsil could be pus due to infection, chronic pus pocket, chronic tonsillitis or it could be due to candida or fungal infection. Scraping from the tonsil should be cultured. If you also have sore throat, pain in throat and are running a temperature, then this needs to be treated with anti-inflammatory, anti fever and anti-histamine medications. Warm saline gargles help.
Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.