Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
white stool

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

white stool

My daughter had a stool this morning that was almost completely white.  It looked like a banana in the toilet.  But we are out of bananas!  It looked like the consistency was OK.  Should I be worried?  Has anyone ever heard of this as a symptom of something?

Thanks!
Maybe you should take her to the pediatrician and get her liver function checked. I have read liver problem can cause light colored stools, either white, or gray, or very light yellow.
I agree with comets - sounds like may be liver - but could also be celiacs disease which is the inability for the body to handle wheat gluten, i think.  I know I was tested for that a while back - but I think that the symptoms said clay or light colored stools...not much to go on - wish you the best.
hey, just wanted to let you know that throughout the day today, I wrote down different things that came to mind - symptoms, questions, etc.  Also going to try and get any and all test results that I have just in case they are needed.  Do you know that by the end of the day, I had a piece of notebook paper full - back and front - of symptoms and questions....thanks for the input - i have so much "brain fog" that i would never remember everything!  Hey, also found out from my aunt today that my other aunt had thyroid and adrenal problems and so is my uncle and my cousin - sounds like there is some "genetics" going on here.  My question: Do you have any idea about the adrenal glands?  I guess I need to do some reading up on this too - huh? thanks in advance if you've got any ideas or suggestions!
Hey yall - i just posted to boninclyde - and for some reason it showed up in the wrong spot - My brain stinks lately - sorry for the mistake.
Every one makes mistakes. Adrenal disfunction can cause a multitude of symptoms. Make sure that doctor takes his time with you. Remember, your paying him for his time. Get your monies worth. Make sure they know before your appointment that you need a lengthy appointment.When is your appointment by the way?
Hey - I will absolutely let them know that i will need a bit of their time!  My appt w/ neurologist is on June 20.  Today had an eye appt w/ opthamologist - did tests and exams - said my eyes are fine other than a nerve that looks "a little" inflamed.  Chalked my stabbing, left temple headaches up to sinus or migraines.  These headaches don't last more than 15 minutes or so and sometimes less than that - also, they come on suddenly - without warning - and at any time of day - and nothing makes them worse or better.  He just told me to take advil for the pain and come back and see him next year....I guess there's no big deal with the headaches - just funny that they started with all the other symptoms almost a year ago.  But what do I know?!!?
Bile, made by the liver and stored in the gallbladder, gives stool it's color.  If the stool is white, it is an indication that bile isn't moving from the gallbladder into the intestines. Bile moves in response to a meal with fat. When fat exits the stomach and enters the duodenum at the beginning of the small intestines, the duodenum sends a message to the pancreas to tell the liver to move bile into the small intestine to break down the fats. If bile is absent, the problem can be with the pancreas, liver the gallbladder or the biliary tree.  This can be dangerous if left untreated.  Take her to the doctor to get checked out ASAP.  If she begins to have personality or memory changes, take her to the ER.
My mother said she was having white stools. She doesn't have a gallbladder. She's 65. I'm not sure if she's having personality problems, although she's not talking to three out of her four kids. She does have memory problems. After reading your post I'm worried about her. I know I can't get her to a doctor. She has no insurance and she wont go. I really think it's her liver. What else should I be watching for?