Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
why am i so hungry?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

why am i so hungry?

Im so concerned, why am i so hungry? I eat all the time; in between classes, when i have time, and I try having breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and im constantly hungry, even as im typing, im snacking on trail mix and drinking water. I was thinking maybe it is because i am active?? I play tennis twice a week, sometimes more, and other times i go to the gym and burn a-lot of calories more than 700 calories each time i go. I am 19, a college student, im 5'11 and 206 pounds. I drink alot of water daily. I know i am consider overweight, but im working on that. Should i be concerned?
1 Comment
You say your working on losing weight.
Maybe its about eating the right portions at breakfast lunch and dinner and having the appropriate amount of snack inbetween.
It's all about self control really.
I tend to eat alot and always feel hungry but for me its out of boredem, i am also considered overweight and i find once you learn to ignore those cravings it gets easier the more time goes on.
Maybe try doing something to take your mind off of eating when you feel abit hungry, or swap bad snacks like crisps , chocolate ect for things like nutri grain bars and things of that sort.

Im no doctor but i know how you feel, if it consists after trying to work out a healthy diet plan i suggest that you see a doctor who will also try and help you come up with a healthy eating plan although it could be something other than the way you eat.

I hope this helped in some way
Are you on any type of medications?
You are probably like everyone else, you have carbohydrate addiction. Working out at the gym can make anyone hungry but after eating a proper meal this should go away. How many carbohydrate foods and what kinds do you eat during the day? If you want this constant hunger to stop then you need to feed your body the correct things. You should go on a low glycemic high fiber diet. This consists of eating whole grain foods, lots of protein, lots of veggies, high fiber foods, whole grains, no simple sugars, no caffeine, lots of water, and 5-6 small meals a day. When you feel hungry do not eat carbs alone. Try to eat protein with a very small quantity of whole grain carbs if any. For example a piece of grilled chicken on a salad for lunch. You will find that the more simple carbs and sugar you eat the more hungry you will be. Since you are working out so heavily your body will need more energy but it is important to give it protein and complex carbs. You will tend to crave or be drawn to simple sugars or simple carbohydrates. For example; chips, white bread, sweet drinks and so on. They are a quick fix to your energy loss. This is not good. It sets you up for conditions like insulin resistance, PCOS, low blood sugar and will make it hard for you to loose weight. I have all three of these conditions and had to go on a strict diet. This is the only way my body would loose weight. If you need more help with diet you can message me.