why do i feel nausea when i start to eat?
I have felt this way since high school and recently found this web site to see I'm not the only one with this problem. What I have noticed is that if I'm active such as exercising I can eat with no problem, but if I just sit around or not do anything to get my blood pumping I feel nausea after the first bit no matter how hungry I am before. Ever since I have stopped working out and playing sports its been worse. I also occasionally take part in smoking marijuana which helps as much as exercising even better lol but I had to cut back to find another job so I'm back to my eating problem.

This discussion is related to Nausea while eating..
Maybe nervous energy is ruining your appetite, or maybe activity is just masking a problem.  

I used to have a terrible appetite, and it turned out to be constipation and Celiac disease.  So don't brush it off.  Make sure you see your doc for physicals and mention the poor appetite just like you described it here.  
I don't know if it's worth looking into irritable bowel syndrome. I have a friend that sometimes feels nauseous when eating and its down to that. Do you need to go number two more than once a day? Do you often have stomach ache/gas etc if do could be that