Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
why does my ankle hate me?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

why does my ankle hate me?

For at least the past 18 months I've had unexplained ankle pain. When it started it just hurt some when I got up in the morning and I'd just gimp around for 5 minutes till it felt better. At this point it nowadays hurts all day every day. When I get up in the mornings its sends severe shooting pains through my ankle. As the day wears on it hurts a little less but not a lot. I bought an ankle wrap/brace thing to wear when it hurts to much, because movement in general hurts, so I thought if I support the ankle bones and try to limit ROM it would help. Well it did. However i orriginally purchased the brace for the ocassional 'bad' day; I'm now wearing it for at least for most of my waking hours at least 5 days a week. It definitely feels better to wear the brace when I have to be on my feet. But, I've also come to sleeping in my brace a few days a week because my ankle throbs with shooting pains at night and the brace supports it limits ROM making it hurt less, which allows me to sleep better. Also worth mentioning is that it does hurt less the less I'm on my feet and worse the more I'm on my feet. But that seems pretty common place to me as Anything that hurts you will hurt less the less you use it and more the more you use it.
Background: I have sprained my ankle as a child but not since then... that I know of. I am now 27 and the last time I can remember 'hurting' my ankle would be at least 3yrs ago when I slightly twisted it going down some stairs. But I honestly don't remember whichever ankle that was and it only hurt for a day or two so I'm disinclined to believe there is a connection. So on the whole, I see no reason why this pain started.

Diagnosis
Crap, I hadn't meant to hit post yet.

Diagnosis: I was diagnosed with general arthritis as a child because of a constant achy joint problem. (For the record, my ankle pain is nothing like the 'achs' I feel from arthritis.) Because of this I have considered that my ankle could be arthritis however... in my Googling I've not found anything that really confirms my symptoms.
I have not been to any doctors as I have no insurance. I would like to know though, what is going on so I can decide if whatever this is calls for an out of pocket visit. I limp all day because it hurts too much to bear full weight, I. Wear a brace almost 24/7. Asprin doesn't help. And the pain keeps getting worse. I worried this is something that, if left untreated, will make it nearly impossible to work. I work the floor in Geri Psych and love my job but it requires me to walk all shift which I can't do if my ankle keeps getting worse.
I've searched and scoured the internet for ankle pain, ankle injuries, unexplained ankle pain, arthritis, etc. And nothing seems to fit.

Very frustrated.

I think I know what is wrong with you. There is a simple test you can go through to see if you feel better and you might feel some pain which is due to healing.

Fred
Fred, stop postings the same nonsense copy/pasted post in all the posts before I report you. I've admined a forum before and its nothing but annoying when ppl do what you are.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Ankle pain can be due to several reasons depending on the site. The simplest reason of a generalized ankle pain is sprain—like in wearing high heels, twisting your ankle etc.You do have a history of ankle sprain and this can worsen with time if initially neglected.  History of fracture to lower leg bones in the past can lead to damaged anterior tibio-fibular ligament. This results in ankle pain even after the fracture has healed.
A bony deposit or a bone growth in front of the ankle at the point where the joint capsule attaches can cause pain in front of the ankle. The pain increases on pressing the front portion of the ankle or while doing the kicking motion.
Pain on the inner side of the ankle at the attachment of tibialis posterior muscle too can cause pain when the tendon of this muscle is inflamed.
Impingement of the ankle joint between the bones of ankle and foot is another possibility.
Dislocation of peroneal muscle tendon can also cause shooting pain. Stress fractures of medial malleolus, tarsal tunnel syndrome, rupture of tendon of peroneus brevis, and sinus tarsi syndrome (pain just front of lateral malleolus on the outer side of ankle) are the other possibilities.
The clue to right treatment is right diagnosis of the cause of pain.  This is not something you can diagnose on your own. Take care!
You dont even know what I have to offer.You have the same random pain as a lot of people on here do and there is a simple answer. So I repeat the same response.What would you report me for doing? I am answer you question with the same amout of reasoning as other people on here.
You are offering nothing by copy past posting the same thing on every post. Its spam posting. Please stop.

Doctornee,
The pain is centralized around the antrior of the malleolus. As the pain increases it radiates from that point. I know it is impossible to diagnose over the internet or by myself. I'm just attempting to get a good idea of what it may be and if it needs to be treated sooner that later.
Thank you.
How is it spam???
Have you ever of the vit c/sea salt treatment and what it does?