worried about bloody nose that caused eye to drip blood
Is it something to be worried about?
there was no injury, just a severe nosebleed and then the blood flowed from the eye until the nose stopped bleeding.
Any other symptoms with it? Headache, nausea, etc.
Forgot to say, I would see an ophthamologist ASAP because this is unusual. I had blood in my eye once and it turned out to be something serious. I nearly lost my eyesight in that eye.
When you recieved a bloody nose and the eyes got blood in them did you ever find out the results of why this happens?I have a 12 year old that have got her first one but gets a bloody nose once and awhile and seems to have allergys bad.
Thanks for writing to the forum!

Well, severe allergies can cause blood from nose as in allergic rhinitis, sinusitis etc. What is important is you must find out what is causing this allergy. Common allergens are pollen, mold, dust, pet dander, synthetic fiber, cosmetics or drugs. You must get an allergy test done, either a skin test or RAST, to know what your daughter is allergic to.

Injury or an impact on the nose too makes the blood drip as the nose capillaries or blood vessels are very fragile.

Hope this helps. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.