Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
wrist ganglions

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

wrist ganglions

I would like to know the cause of my wrist ganglions as I am a croupier at a casino for 20 years and would like to know if there are any more croupiers that suffer from this problem.
1 Comment

Ganglion cysts are noncancerous fluid-filled lumps (cysts) that most commonly develop along the tendons or joints of your wrists or hands. They occur when the lubricating fluid in your joints or around the nearby tendons accumulates, giving rise to a cyst. The exact cause of this process is unknown but may be related to regular, repetitive movement that stresses your wrist or hand,osteoarthritis and injuries to the joints or tendons.

X-ray may be needed to differentiate it from arthritis. ultrasound or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)may be needed in order to gain information on the cyst's size, shape and depth.

Mostly harmless,ganglion cysts go away on their own.But if the ganglion cyst is causing pain or it's interfering with joint movement,then you can wear wrist braces or splints or get it aspirated or surgically removed. A steroid injection into the empty cyst after aspiration may help in preventing recurrences.You need to consult an orthopaedician for that.
Hope it helps.Take care and regards.