yeast infectioN?
Ive been having an itchy burning sensation on my vagina for the past 3 days, and im a little swollen as well as pain when urinating, im thinking that its a yeast infection.   I have had the same sex partner for a year now and he is fine.
going crazy about this because of the pain as well as not knowing what it is. I went to the doctor and she said it doesnt look bad and gave me no medicine(which drives me crazy) she isnt sure if it is a yeast infection yet, had cultures sent in. My blood test was fine.  Is it ok to self medicate and get something like a monistat cream in the mean time? will it help relieve my symptoms?
There's no harm in taking probiotics.  They can only do you good.  Get some live yoghurt and also maybe acidophilus supplements (take with a cold drink).  Some women put the yoghurt internally too, which will do you no harm unless you are careless with hygiene.  Stay off sugary foods, they feed yeast infections.  If there is another cause to your problem at least you won't be adding to it with yeast problems.  If you have pain urinating this could be cystytis, or a bacterial infection which needs antibiotics.  Take cranberry supplements to guard against urinary infections, drink plently of water, and don't let your bladder get too full before emptying it.  May also be an idea to lay off sex for a bit until the symptoms settle as this will give any inflamation a chance to heal.  Hope this helps.